High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   High Definition Smackdown (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/high-definition-smackdown-6/)
-   -   Best Buy Playing Nasty (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/high-definition-smackdown/30548-best-buy-playing-nasty.html)

Mightyram 12-15-2007 03:02 PM

Best Buy Playing Nasty

Best Buy (Midland, Texas) is playing nasty...

Last weekend I went to Best Buy and the Blu-Ray setup was up playing with heavy sound. I walked over to the HD DVD area and it was playing muted.

This week I walked by the Blu-Ray same setup with sound... HD DVD setup had no disc inserted and the screen said insert disc.

HD DVD disc's were split up with 1/2 on row and the other 1/2 on another row. The disc's were placed side by side like a Bookshelf with only the Spline of the case showing which made it really hard to see them.

Blu-Ray disc's were all one row while take up more space since they placed the disc's with their front covers showing.

spacejamz 12-15-2007 03:03 PM

I foresee a short future for this thread

gunz4sale 12-15-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mightyram (Post 526581)
Best Buy (Midland, Texas) is playing nasty...

Lase weekend I went to Best Buy and the Blu-Ray setup was up playing with heavy sound. I walked over to the HD DVD area and it was playing muted.

This week I walked by the Blu-Ray same setup with sound... HD DVD setup had no disc inserted and the screen said insert disc.

HD DVD disc's were split up with 1/2 on row and the other 1/2 on another row. The disc's were placed side by side like a Bookshelf with only the Spline of the case showing which made it really hard to see them.

Blu-Ray disc's were all one row while take up more space since they placed the disc's with their front covers showing.

Bluray=costs more so if they push it the manager's get fatter bonus checks.

rmslives 12-15-2007 03:04 PM

:)):)):))

Wah. It's the store, not Best Buy in general. Complain to the store manager.

dBock 12-15-2007 03:05 PM

Probably because they have people their trying to make higher margin since they mark up Blu-ray so much. As an employee I didn't save much on HD players but saved a ton on BD players. They're in it for the money. I'd call Toshiba and tell them how good they are doing at spending that end cap money.

pirates 12-15-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dBock (Post 526591)
Probably because they have people their trying to make higher margin since they mark up Blu-ray so much. As an employee I didn't save much on HD players but saved a ton on BD players. They're in it for the money. I'd call Toshiba and tell them how good they are doing at spending that end cap money.

Would you really go out of you way to do that? :confused:

I'm sorry but reporting to Toshiba really isn't going to do anything but prove that you're a crybaby. No offense. lol.

Rob71 12-15-2007 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dBock (Post 526591)

Or maybe they sell twice as much and that's why they push it more?

duckie42 12-15-2007 03:16 PM

(DETROIT, MI)[both stores i go to] same thing different location

its the same way here the HD DVD's were bookended taking up two stands the BD selection takes up 4 spaces. if HD & BD had the same amount of movies in store then there should be the same allotted slots & many of the HD moves are ON-LINE ONLY when the exact same mivie in BD is on the shelf.
I dont go over to the player section very much but when i do theres usually a movie playing THE WILD (or CGI kids movie) on the BD player HD usually has a slightly more mature movie (keeping with the stores playable move selection.).

duckie42 12-15-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunz4sale (Post 526588)
Bluray=costs more so if they push it the manager's get fatter bonus checks.

BB & CC do not work on comission.

alkalinesi 12-15-2007 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob71 (Post 526602)
Or maybe they sell twice as much and that's why they push it more?

i agree, i was at best buy lastweek talking to an employee(looking into home theater equipment) he was saying they have been selling a lot of blu ray stand alone players and movies, he said him and the other guys feel blu ray is better and they push that. he said the only time someone buys an hd player is if they come in and say i want the hd player. but this is just my best buy. also, everytime i go there they have their hd display always on the transformers internet menu or somthing, nothing is playing.