Time Warner Cable Dropped HDNet and HDNet Movies - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-27-2009, 06:48 AM

Default Time Warner Cable Dropped HDNet and HDNet Movies

I just woke up and went to watch a movie I had DVD'red from HDNet Movies, and the channel was gone and my movie wasn't recorded. I then looked up on the internet and saw that TWC made a small announcement a little over a week ago that they were dropping the HDNet channels because their programming offered "little appeal."

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...ide_May_31.php

HDNet Movies allowed me to watch uninterrupted movies in high def without having to pay a premium charge. And in return I get Mav TV and Smithsonian TV? Who the hell are they kidding? How about instead of dropping the HDNet channels, you just add these two new channels and keep users watching the HDNet channels happy. This may be what finally tips the scale and makes me leave TWC.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:48 AM

well that's crap, i love hdnet and hdnet movies

hdnet has all kinds of live mma all the time, i'm getting sick of this crap
Old 05-27-2009, 09:53 AM

screw this i'm switching to dish
Old 05-27-2009, 10:23 AM

Personally I wasn't happy with HDNet picking up exclusive rights to Enterprise in HD... Maybe this will convince Paramount to sell rights to other networks when the time comes.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Banned

Sadly my only other choice in my Condo is Satellite and I'm not thrilled with their pricing. I'll be canceling my HD Tier. $5 a month is $60 a year and if I don't get the one channel I actually watch...well, I'll take my $60 and invest it in something a bit more useful.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:14 PM

just checked with dish, i can get all those extra hd channels and pay less than i do with time warner so i'd say i'm done with it

sucks that i'll have to pay an extra $100 for an extra dvr though
Old 05-28-2009, 04:28 AM

Son of a bitch, I didn't notice this until reading this thread.

I liked HDNet Movies, too. Thanks to that channel (and Uni-HD when it didn't go to crap) I've watched a lot of movies I've always wanted to see but never had the opportunity previously. I've still got 6 or 7 on my DVR, but I guess that will be the last of them
Old 05-28-2009, 05:33 PM

im with you guys!!! i just saw this morning i lost hdnet. Thank god i got to record Dream 9. Ill be leaving Time Warner in a few months!! Most likely dish!! i just dont know what the price would be for it.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:11 PM

Default email from to HDnet with reply

Mr. Cuban,

I am awfully upset that an agreement could not be reached with time warner cable!! I never heard of the channel till I got HD cable. What caught my eyes was seeing a promo for ROH, an old favorite wrestling company. Then I see that you guys carry tons of MMA, especially Sengoku and Dream. This instantly made HDnet my most watched and favorite channel. And just today I see that HDnet was gone, I actually panic telling myself I hope it was just moved but that would just be ridiculous. So i call TWC and they tell me that contract is over and there was no contract renewing. So i called twice and complained about the situation and now joining the mass TWC subscribers on demanding you guys back on TWC. I hope that a formal agreement is reached!! I cannot bare knowing that I will be missing DREAM 10, Sakuraba should be on that card and i cannot believe i am going to miss it!! So please try to reach something with them!! For all of us fans out there, I will be leaving TWC in the future just for this debacle.

On another note, have you guys ever thought of adding any puroresu(japanese pro wrestling). If thats a yes, i would highly suggest New Japan Pro Wrestling, Dragons Gate, Osaka Pro or Pro Wrestling NOAH!! This is the best wrestling in the world!!!

Well thank you for your time!! I hope i can be enjoying your programming again in the future!!

Erick Hernandez

we are looking at japanese wrestling, but they are really, really hard to do deals with

and hopefully you can get directv, dish, verizon or ATT , all carry HDNet. TWC is a mess and i dont see a deal getting done

thx for your support of HDNet !

m
Old 05-28-2009, 09:31 PM

yeah that sucks, now i have 3 crappy channels were hdnet and hdnet movies were, mavtv, smithsonian hd, and something else