Dante's Peak on Universal HD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-18-2007, 11:46 PM

Thumbs up Dante's Peak on Universal HD

I just finished watching Dante's Peak on Universal HD!! If the HD DVD looks as good as the cable does or better it's going to be pretty awesome!! Throw in a True HD track and wow it's going to be amazing!! Man I cant wait til July 10th so I can pick this HD DVD up!!!
Mischa!!
Old 05-19-2007, 02:03 AM

Damn, I missed it. I really need to start looking at the upcoming movies on that channel! They play some great films!

I'll definitely be picking up this disc when its released. Dante's Peak is one of my all-time favorite 'natural disaster' films.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:25 AM

I saw it too once before on Universal and you are right it did look good. But I was dissapointed with the audio a bit, i turned it up quite a bit and i still didnt get a lot of the thundering you are use to getting for a movie like that. Dunno if it was the channel or my cable box (starting to think its the box).
Old 05-19-2007, 07:17 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by resevilfan86 View Post
I saw it too once before on Universal and you are right it did look good. But I was dissapointed with the audio a bit, i turned it up quite a bit and i still didnt get a lot of the thundering you are use to getting for a movie like that. Dunno if it was the channel or my cable box (starting to think its the box).
That's what I was thinking as well!! As long as they put in a True HD man that's going to be awesome!! I was flipping through the channels and I saw that was on I was like kick ass!!
Mischa.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischa316 View Post
As long as they put in a True HD man that's going to be awesome!! .
As of this writing, there is no TRUEHD track planned, which is a gigantic disappointment. Why on EARTH does Nutty Professor II have a TRUEHD track, but not this??? We should email Universal and complain!!!
Old 05-19-2007, 09:01 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChaos View Post
As of this writing, there is no TRUEHD track planned, which is a gigantic disappointment. Why on EARTH does Nutty Professor II have a TRUEHD track, but not this??? We should email Universal and complain!!!
Your right why does the Nutty Professor need one but this one does not? That doesn't make any sense. I think we should e-mail universal damn right!! Like right after the volcano goes off oh man could you imagine that in True HD on surround sound oh that would be so nice!!
Thanks for the input!!
Mischa.