Sci Fi Channel HD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-09-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Sci Fi Channel HD

Anyone hear anything about Sci-fi channel going HD anytime soon. I know DirecTV has announced they will carry them soon, but wondering if anyone has heard any more detailed info. Also some info when they are going to be getting on cable (since that is what I have). Although they do play some VERY cheesy movies every now and then, I do like that channel. And it seems to me that almost everything they display now is in widescreen. Which to me is a good indication of them switching over soon.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Special Member

I havent heard anything in a long time on this, but from what I remember reading on AVS nothing was happening until at least the end of th year for this. As for cable providers, it usually is up to them on if they carry the channel or not, I am thinking many will take a wait and see on this one........
Old 01-05-2008, 04:14 PM

SciFi and USA are both out there. Check out 105W AMC18 on Lyngsat.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:38 PM

I wish Time Warner would carry this (and USA) here in So Cal.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:52 AM

Comcast has just started showing SciFi in Hd.Altho most programming in not Hd(older shows like Twilight Zone,etc).I'll be lucky to watch 1 movie a month on this station.Mostly bottom of the barrel movies.Once in awhile they will show an older movie of some quality but they cut them to pieces(no nudity,no bad language,commercial every ten minutes),pan and scan.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:42 AM

Sci-Fi channel is one of the most disappointing channels on cable. The possibilities they have to work with, and what they actually do with that channel is absurd. They should refocus. STOP making Sci-Fi original movies (they blow...HARD) and buy some good programming. Sci-Fi = Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Twilight Zone, Stargate SG-1, Quantum Leap etc etc....what do we get? Frankenfish!?!....isn't that more horror? Now a horror channel sounds nice, as long as they don't bring over any Sci-Fi Channel execs to program it.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:05 PM

You forgot 'Tremors - The Series'
Old 01-19-2008, 01:48 AM

Quote:
You forgot 'Tremors - The Series'
Actually I DID forget about it. After the first movie, everything else Tremors related blows.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickengas View Post
STOP making Sci-Fi original movies (they blow...HARD) and buy some good programming.
Actually from what I understand Sci-Fi buys their "original" programming from indie filmmakers/distributors. They don't fund the movies themselves but pick up cable rights. That's all.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickengas View Post
Actually I DID forget about it. After the first movie, everything else Tremors related blows.
Yeah. I have to wonder at the people who would decide to make that many sequels and a series. What do you suppose they were smoking?

Of course, no one should forget that SciFi actually aired 'Braveheart' one night. Is that a Sci-Fi movie?