A Haunting - Discovery HD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-07-2008, 08:19 PM

Default A Haunting - Discovery HD

So I've recently gotten addicted to this show, since getting discovery HD a little while ago. I love the stories, they're so freaking amazing and they're all based on true stories! Or if you're the type that doesn't believe in ghost stories, then at the very least real people claim this stuff happend to them.

Anyone else watching this one? I swear to god some of them actually got the hair on the back of my head standing up. In particular the story of the little by who ended up with an imaginary friend called "Man". Of course it was no ordenary imaginary friend, it was a daemon of course. Made for one heck of a spooky story, the way the daemon manipulated (I don't think exactly possesed) the kid.

So if you've seen the show what do you think? Effective scary TV? If not I highly recommend checking it out! Even if you don't have discovery HD due to the draw back of the network.... I.e. I'm noticing a lot of macro-blocking and uglyness, makes me sad. Particularly since Discovery HD Theater owns Discovery HD, really makes me wonder how one station could be so good and the other so bad!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:54 PM

I love that show, it's so well done, def has some "jump" moments in each episode. I hope it comes back for another season so I can enjoy it in HD because I saw the other seasons in SD.

Joe
Old 11-07-2008, 09:02 PM

Im scared of these shows. I wouldn't watch em again.
Old 11-08-2008, 12:01 AM

I love good scary stories, and frankly I think these shows are far more effective than most horror films or particularly horror tv shows out there. I think partially it's just the fact that you know this really happend, or again, at the very least that people say this happened to them. Particularly for me since I'm both religious and very open to the paranormal, so for me it's an awesome way for me to freak my self out.

I just wish they'd get better compressionists and film in HD from start to finish. It for sure feels like an SD upscale job, combined with the macro blocking it can at times pull you out of the show. If they'd just fix the production problems it'd be AAA.