'The Office' on NBC. [Official Thread] - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-21-2008, 11:46 AM

Default 'The Office' on NBC. [Official Thread]

Season 5 premiere this Thursday, 9/25.

Use this tread to discuss any and all things The Office related.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:22 PM

I can't wait. I love this show. Dwight is my favorite character.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:31 PM

Looking forward to this premiere! Thanks for starting up a discussion thread dedicated to it. People should follow suit w/ " official..." threads for other topics.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Former Member

Season 4 was kinda a let down for me. VERY much full of negativity. I saw the review on dvdtalk, and had to agree: the blind date w/ the landlord has to be the most mean spirited thing the show has had. the final episode, w/ Kevin being "slow," god damn was it a classic. i hope that storyline continues some, but sadly, i know that's a one time thing.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:34 PM

I'm a sad panda. I finally have an HDTV, and can FINALLY watch this in HD, but I have to work Thursday night. Why do new movies have to come out on Fridays, and why do I have to love getting into movies free so much?

Before you say it, I don't have cable at my house, so I don't have a DVR. Is it even possible to buy/build a DVR that works with broadcast?
Old 09-22-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernTenshi04 View Post
I'm a sad panda. I finally have an HDTV, and can FINALLY watch this in HD, but I have to work Thursday night. Why do new movies have to come out on Fridays, and why do I have to love getting into movies free so much?

Before you say it, I don't have cable at my house, so I don't have a DVR. Is it even possible to buy/build a DVR that works with broadcast?
Why don't you watch it on NBC.com the day after...

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-22-2008, 09:20 PM

SooooSoooSoooo excited.
Pam and Jim hopefully will stick together.
Michael will go out Jan again and then season finale kiss The HR girl.
Dwight will end up with angela.
Those are my predictions.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8boss87 View Post
Season 4 was kinda a let down for me. VERY much full of negativity. I saw the review on dvdtalk, and had to agree: the blind date w/ the landlord has to be the most mean spirited thing the show has had. the final episode, w/ Kevin being "slow," god damn was it a classic. i hope that storyline continues some, but sadly, i know that's a one time thing.
I come into each episode hoping that Michael has some redeeming qualities. The moment where he praised Pam for her art and bought the one piece was awesome. I suppose, though, if he were to have too many of those moments, our perceptions of him would change. The landlady thing was definitely cruel, and it goes to show you his consistent horrible nature. Still, it's the characters that drive the show, and I'm still loving it. I think that I'm used to Michael's mean nature, so I don't get too shocked by it, but yeah, the landlady part was rough.

I wonder what will happen with Pam and Jim if she goes to New York for school. I think that it could go against the sitcom cliché and they could stay together from here on out. The reason I think this is because their moments of joking around with each other have been going on since the start of the show, and that's been something we've never gotten sick of. It's not like the show needs to focus on their relationship.

I love this show!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:00 PM

Wow, it feels good to hear the opening theme again...

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 09-25-2008, 10:01 PM

Toby depress's me....

"Fat People are not monsters!"

"Hold It in your mouth if you can't swallow"