Comcast Sucks! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-16-2008, 11:09 PM

Default Comcast Sucks!

This is my first rant here so bear with me. Comcast sucks! They say they have over 300 channels in HD but looking at their guide and running through their HD lineup they have squat! The other night I counted maybe 15 channels in HD the rest were in either standard def or digital. Their HD On Demand aint much better if you ask me. I think for what Comcast charges for monthly service they could deliver more HD channels to their customers. There has been times where I thought about Dish Network instead. I aint a happy customer thats for sure. Anybody else agree with me or am I just out of line?

Let me know what you guys think.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:07 AM

TWC is pretty much the same way, it's stupid I really don't know why cable company's think this is going to keep customers happy.... Particularly when sat company's offer things like sci-fi, history and discovery HD and TWC in my area at least isn't about to pick up those channles.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:35 AM

I think you have to go Dishnetwork or DirectTV to get at least 100 channels in HD. Comcast HD channels are limited.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:41 AM

They have several hundred. You have to count the VOD HD offerings too.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:51 AM

I think the OP's main grip is that apparently comcast is pulling the same bs that TWC is... Rebroadcasting SD ATSC content and calling it part of their "HD Lineup", when in fact it's not HD it's just digitally broadcasted. I'm sorry but all I have to say is "Booooo!!!"... Throw those channels in the SD lineup and add Sci-fi HD, discovery HD and History HD please!!
Old 07-17-2008, 10:56 AM

Comacst, Time Warner, they are all pretty bad when it comes to HD. You would think they would do something about it if the were losing customers to Dish and Direct, maybe they are not losing as many as people think.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:26 AM

I totally agree that Comcast sucks. I do the tripple play for $109 each month, and by the time all the added charges of rental fees, taxes..blah blah blah, it come out to just over $120. I'm moving next week to a new apartment and they have RCN cable. I can't wait, they have twice the amount of HD channels (real channels, not VOD shit). Right now I have about 25 real HD channels and when I get my RCN hooked up I'll have about 40. And the best part, I'm going to be paying $75/month for what I'm paying $120 for now.

I hate Comcast with a passion. Their service sucks, their quality sucks, their prices suck, and trying to get someone to actually come out and fix the signal quality is damn near impossible. My best friend and his wife, along with my sister have RCN and every time I'm there I'm just in awe of the picture quality. I have the new 650 sammy, and both my friend and sister have inferior TV's with better picture quality with RCN. It's not my settings either, I must have gone through dozens of different calibration settings too.

Only 1 more week of Comsuck!
Old 07-17-2008, 01:08 PM

Wow thats crazy, working for Comcast out in the Northwest we respond to trouble calls usually the same day or the next day if it gets too late or too busy.
Old 07-17-2008, 02:39 PM

Cablevision and Time Warner suck too.

I get about 50 HD Channels and I think about 10 of them are truly in HD.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:30 PM

just wanted to do some venting myself! my apt community has a contract with tvmax and if you want to go the cable route it's got to be them. both for tv and internet. the line up sucks ass, no hd availability what so ever, and the internet is very poor because the signal cuts off every few hours. i've only been with them for a month and i'm already making calls to dish to reactivate my account i closed 7 months ago when i moved out of state. F cable, period!