Suggestions on alternative HD programming please - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-10-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Suggestions on alternative HD programming please

I recently moved to some very nice apartments in Raleigh, NC. Unfortuately, the property management company made a deal with some small phone and internet company for like the next 20 years or something rediculous like that. they only offer regular ANALOG cable! I cant even get digital cable with a DVR, let alone the HD-DVD I am used to. They do allow satellite, however my apartment doesnt have a deck or patio (my apartment is 2 stories on the 3rd and 4th floors and the doors in my living room just open up to those silly frenchie metal bar guardrail things, so i have no where to actually place a dish.

I currently am just watching over the air HD-programming which is fine i guess, but I was wondering if anyone can think of some other way I can get HD television programming.. perhaps over the internet or something.

Also, if i were to buy a hd direct tv tivo receiver on ebay and i plugged my antenna into the receiver, would I be able to record programming? My guess is probably not.

Any suggestions you guys can think of would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Banned

I know at least here in California that apartments have to allow satellite. The dish would have to be mounted on an exterior wall or on the roof with the cabling run down to your apartment.

Besides that you have off-the-air TV, but I don't know what you would have in your area.