Fios questions???? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-09-2008, 09:43 PM

Default Fios questions????

Hey everyone my question is aimed towards anyone on HDD who subscribes to verizon fios....I received a flyer today advertising their bundle of tv, phone, and internet for 104.99 and I'm seriously considering it but have a few questions....

first of all, with their fios tv how much are their hd set boxes and how much extra is their HD programming additionally each month? Also how much each month are their non-hd individual set boxes? Lastly, how would you rate their HD programming and its reliability compared to say dish network or direct tv??

Thanks to anyone who can help me out
Old 06-17-2008, 02:11 PM

DirecTV continues to have the highest number of subscribers since they also have the highest amount of HD channels and more reliable based on my personal experience vs. others like DISH Network and Time Warner/Comcrap/local cable provider.

However, Verizon FIOS should also have the largest bandwidth of them all and they are slowly obtaning more HD channels.

The standard set boxes are about same price as the others as well as the HD box which should be $9.99 a month vs. $5.99 vs. non-HD. I also notice the Verizon website has a DirecTV link under "TV" lol.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Are you sure satallite has more subscribers (of any kind) than the local cable company? That just doesn't sound right to me...