E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial on HDNET Movies - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-06-2008, 08:17 AM

Default E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial on HDNET Movies

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (20th Anniversary Edition) - Closed Captions
Rating: PG
Year: 1982
Cast: Dee Wallace, Peter Coyote, Henry Thomas
Director: Steven Spielberg
Synopsis: A young boy must help a lost alien find its way home in this Steven Spielberg classic.
Run Time: 1:59
Air Dates Starting: Sat, Jul 5th - 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT
Sun, Jul 6th - 12:15 AM ET / Sat, Jul 5th - 9:15 PM PT

Old 06-10-2008, 07:56 PM

Yes! Oh, how I love HDNet.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:54 PM

Screw Direct TV. I pay a fortune for their service and then they tried to stick it to me with with an up charge for HDNET Movies and Universal which were under my plan before.

I am not paying for it and may discontinue some of the other services I am getting.

There is my Rant. Hope you guys enjoy ET.

Old 06-11-2008, 03:21 AM

Is this the version when the cops have walkie talkies instead of shotguns ?

Pass !
Old 06-11-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty HD View Post
Screw Direct TV. I pay a fortune for their service and then they tried to stick it to me with with an up charge for HDNET Movies and Universal which were under my plan before.

I am not paying for it and may discontinue some of the other services I am getting.

There is my Rant. Hope you guys enjoy ET.

You can rant, it is your right, but DirecTV doesn't make outrageous profits, the margins are very slim. It costs several hundred dollars to sign up each new customer and they do try to make it back with the programming fees and hopefully earn a small profit in the process. I have been a subscriber most of the last 11 years although I have suspended my account a few times for a couple of months each time when away from home. I don't even recall HDNet Movies and UniversalHD being moved to a different service level so I must have had the required package already. I am much more upset with UniversalHD for having commercials but I have no complaint with the small fee for HDNet Movies.

Chris
Old 06-21-2008, 08:40 PM

My HDNET is free... and oh yeah , I won't be able to see E.T... why ?

because there are two HDNET one in the USA and one in Canada.. I saw Men in Black the other day.. is that new??
Old 06-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Formerly MrENGLISH

I enjoyed this movie as a kid but rewatched it when it came out on DVD as an adult and found it to be boring. Might just be me... either way, hope you all enjoyed it in HD!
Old 07-11-2008, 02:31 PM

I did finally watch this (a few days ago actually) - it was the first time I'd seen the 20th Anniversary version.... meh. PQ was good though.

I know this is probably old hat but why did Spielberg digitally replace the decidedly family "un-firendly" guns walkie talkies but feel it was 'family friendly' to leave in:
  • "Penis breath"
  • 2 instances of the word shit
  • 1 use of son of a bitch
  • A few douche bags (not Michael's friends but the word)
  • and he didn't digitally erase the cigarettes that the kids were obviously smoking while gambling....
Sometimes that old man just doesn't make sense to me.

Hopefully he does the right thing when it comes to BD and includes both the original and the 20th Anniversary versions - or he can keep the new one for all I care. I'd just like the unaltered version please.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:39 PM

as he and George Lucas like to remind all of us peons, the movies aren't altered, their never really finished. Technology allows them to go back to their dream and complete their work the way it was intended.

Bullshit

If Spielbergs original intent was for the agents to have walkie talkies, he would have given them walkie talkies. They WERE available in 1982.

As far as I'm concerned, once a movie is released, THAT is the definitive version. THAT is the directors true vision, otherwise, it would have been changed before it was released. I despise George Lucas for cramming his new versions of the original Star Wars trilogy down our throats. I hate them....hate hate hate. That bastard can't take my childhood memories away.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris gerhard View Post
You can rant, it is your right, but DirecTV doesn't make outrageous profits, the margins are very slim. It costs several hundred dollars to sign up each new customer and they do try to make it back with the programming fees and hopefully earn a small profit in the process. I have been a subscriber most of the last 11 years although I have suspended my account a few times for a couple of months each time when away from home. I don't even recall HDNet Movies and UniversalHD being moved to a different service level so I must have had the required package already. I am much more upset with UniversalHD for having commercials but I have no complaint with the small fee for HDNet Movies.

Chris
Yep they moved them to the HD package. Actually I think there are two HD packages. I have them both, but I'm seriously thinking of taking off Showtime and Starz because my monthly bill is over $120.00. But the HD packages stay on no matter what.