MONSTERS HD Removed from Dish HD Lineup!!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-14-2008, 09:20 AM

Default MONSTERS HD Removed from Dish HD Lineup!!!

As a huge horror fan, I am extremely angry at Dish Network for removing Monsters HD!!!! I originally had Directv because I wanted Chiller, but was disappointed that the movies were cut and edited and not commercial free. Then I saw Dish Network had Monsters HD with the movies in high defintion, uncut, and commercial free so I switched. Now with this "update" of new HD channels, they removed Monsters HD late last night!!!! How can you add new HD channels, brag about how many you have, but remove some you already had??? I called Dish Network and they said the channel would not be returning but they added 22 new channels of HD. They also got rid of Gameplay HD which was another one of my favs. What a bunch of jerks!!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:00 PM

Ok I understand wanting to keep monster channel, but gameplay? come on.
Somehow i get the feeling with dishnet its about the competition, directv was kicking their arse in HD and they knew it.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:03 PM

That sucks. I'm on the fence about switching from T/W cable due to their pricing and awful HD content and Monsters HD would have been a huge reason to switch to Dish. Now, forget about it. You'd think I would have learned from watching those awful Dish ads they run all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknotfan View Post
As a huge horror fan, I am extremely angry at Dish Network for removing Monsters HD!!!! I originally had Directv because I wanted Chiller, but was disappointed that the movies were cut and edited and not commercial free. Then I saw Dish Network had Monsters HD with the movies in high defintion, uncut, and commercial free so I switched. Now with this "update" of new HD channels, they removed Monsters HD late last night!!!! How can you add new HD channels, brag about how many you have, but remove some you already had??? I called Dish Network and they said the channel would not be returning but they added 22 new channels of HD. They also got rid of Gameplay HD which was another one of my favs. What a bunch of jerks!!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 05:46 PM

Some of us are still waiting on Chiller HD by DirecTV.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfocussvt View Post
Some of us are still waiting on Chiller HD by DirecTV.
Chiller has commercials right? is it edited (gore, curse words, etc.)? I am thinking of going to direct as i really want a horror channel...curious if it is edited
Old 05-14-2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurri View Post
Chiller has commercials right? is it edited (gore, curse words, etc.)? I am thinking of going to direct as i really want a horror channel...curious if it is edited
Yes, it is edited with commercials. The dropping of MonstersHD has really pissed me off.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:01 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
Yes, it is edited with commercials. The dropping of MonstersHD has really pissed me off.

This really blows the last 5 they removed last night I really only watched Monsters/kung-fu(loved Zaotichi)and equator.
Dish did this in a very sly way first class A-HOLE move!!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:20 PM

I doubt it does any good, but we should all email or call Dish and demand they put Monsters HD back on the air. They told me on the phone they got rid of some of the least popular channels. Then they add stuff like Fishing Network HD!!!! Chiller is on Dish Network also. It is on the 250 plus pack. But it is edited and has commercials!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:45 PM

I for one won't miss the voom chanells. I think the chanells they added are much better than what Voom offered anyway. I don't see why some people are so upset. I didn't get dish for voom and I don't think the mainstream subscribers did either. IMO.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:46 PM

Well, I just called Dish Network and downgraded from Ultimate HD package to Essential HD package and let them know that without Monsters HD and Kung Fu HD that there is no way I am paying $10/month to watch high definition fishing...