Wwe Hd - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-16-2008, 12:44 PM

Default Wwe Hd

Does anyone here watch the WWE? I have Dish so I don't them them in HD, although I'd love to be able to.

Who know when Dish will get their act into gear and get the USA ch. in HD!!

Last edited by Jerosmith; 03-16-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:31 PM

I am so busy these days that I only have time to watch RAW, but we do get all 3 in HD here from Comcast. I don't know when Dish will get them but I can give a quick mini-review.

Vince has impressed me greatly with the move to HD. It looks amazing and while I thought that production values would suffer such as amount of camera's, replays, angles etc. it hasnt in the slightest. It is just as good as before just in HD. The switch went much more smoothly and troublefree than I expected.

Now how does it look ? In a word amazing. We watch it on a 60" 1080P tv and it blows our mind. The first thing that you will notice is the color. Everything is MUCH more vibrant. Then you will notice that you can see the faces on almost everyone in the crowd. This is scarry sometimes. As a fan I can make fun of the real hardcore people that wait for days to get front row seats. The amount of things that you can see is amazing. This has the effect of allowing you to see mistakes etc better but we could see them before most of the time anyway. It also lets you see what tats are real like on Umaga and what ones are fake. You get to see who wears the most makeup and let me tell you its not the girls.... Regal has got GOBS on.

The only bad thing I would have to say about it is not WWE's fault and that it the compression that Comcast adds. When there isnt alot of fast motion or the action is in the center of the ring and only taking up 60% of the screen it looks perfect. However when the camera is zoomed in and there is fast motion it get compression blocking. Also compression is a problem when there is smoke at the entrance and the background light board.

All in all its great though..
Old 03-16-2008, 02:05 PM

That's awesome, my wife and I are getting the Wrestle Mania XXXIV ppv on Sunday, March 30th, sicne it's ppv we can order it in HD, so I'm pretty pumped about that!

Although my TV is only a 32", I'm not up to a 60" yet...

I do have a nice surround sound 6.1 set up though, so I can get that benefit at least!