Problems with NBC HD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-18-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Problems with NBC HD

Does anyone else's NBC HD channel look like it's really not HD. Some shows look awful because they are stretched really oddly. "Deal or No Deal" has some weird aspect ration between 4:3 and 16:9, and the colors are fuzzy and not sharp at all. Is this a local problem or is it national? I have Comcast in Richmond, VA.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad5871 View Post
Does anyone else's NBC HD channel look like it's really not HD. Some shows look awful because they are stretched really oddly. "Deal or No Deal" has some weird aspect ration between 4:3 and 16:9, and the colors are fuzzy and not sharp at all. Is this a local problem or is it national? I have Comcast in Richmond, VA.
Not every program is in HD. Most of the primetime sitcoms and dramas are in HD. Some of the news, Leno, Conan, etc are HD. Game shows on NBC like Deal or No Deal, 1 vs 100, and Identity are not in HD and the signal is broadcast in 16:9 but with black bars on the side with the image closer to 4:3.

This is the case with much of the programming on most of the networks. Syndicated shows on FOX, CW, and My Network TV are like this as well, as are several other shows on the major networks.

I watch TV OTA and PBS is the only network that does not do this. Many of the cable only stations like TNT, (or is it TBS, I get them mixed up) HBO, and the Universal Channel are also all 16:9 all the time with programming more consistantly in HD.

You can go a site like Titan TV and look up the schedule to see what is HD and what is not.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:14 PM

Deal or no deal is not broadcasted in HD. It might be carried on the NBC channel, but it's NOT HD.