grindhouse starz HD on demand - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-03-2008, 08:54 AM
ccphilly1984's Avatar
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,879
Default grindhouse starz HD on demand

To all the comcast customers, the grindhouse movies are available on starz hd on demand both as the original theatrical release with fake movie trailers and as individual "extended cut" versions or planet teror and death proof. anyways... they probially are on the starz HD channels too for non-cable subscribers that rely on dvr for their High def when they want to see it fix.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,420
Default

Planet Terror was on StarsHD last night. I thought it looked great.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-03-2008, 12:36 PM
PIHB's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,382
Default

i wathced grindhouse ondemand starz hd and i thought it was just ok...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-03-2008, 01:07 PM
ccphilly1984's Avatar
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,879
Default

i started the grindhouse as a full movie... fell asleep about 20 mins through deathproof, but i really like the original "in theaters" playback... the "thanksgiving" trailer was hilarious as was the one at the begining with the asian guy going after "the bad guys"... i'm thinking about watching the extended cuts of the two feature films... anyone seen both versions of presentation yet? is it worth the extra 4 hours to watch the extended versions as opposed to 3 hours i already invested complete with the cheesy trailers and marquees?

I really think the chick with the machiene gun leg in planet terror was really hott... but that must really suck for if she ever wanted to ride on a commercial airliner... lol
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-03-2008, 01:12 PM
ccphilly1984's Avatar
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,879
Default

oh yeah i also noticed that the extended ones are available in sd as well, but the theatrical double feature version is hd exclusive, at least on comcast in philadelphia.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-03-2008, 06:22 PM
PIHB's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
i started the grindhouse as a full movie... fell asleep about 20 mins through deathproof, but i really like the original "in theaters" playback... the "thanksgiving" trailer was hilarious as was the one at the begining with the asian guy going after "the bad guys"... i'm thinking about watching the extended cuts of the two feature films... anyone seen both versions of presentation yet? is it worth the extra 4 hours to watch the extended versions as opposed to 3 hours i already invested complete with the cheesy trailers and marquees?

I really think the chick with the machiene gun leg in planet terror was really hott... but that must really suck for if she ever wanted to ride on a commercial airliner... lol
i watched the whole thing in one sitting while eating girl scout cookies. i wasnt a fan of planet terror or death proof. the commercials were awesome...lots of boobs too
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-04-2008, 11:50 AM
ccphilly1984's Avatar
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,879
Default

i really liked death proof and the trailers... i'm thinking about watching the death proof extended version. planet terror i'm not sure if the extended cut is worth it... i think there is a bedroom scene in the extended planet terror.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-05-2008, 06:49 AM
MrE's Avatar
MrE MrE is offline
Formerly MrENGLISH
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
i really liked death proof and the trailers... i'm thinking about watching the death proof extended version.
2 scenes added to Death Proof. The first is the lap dance scene. The second scene isn't worth it... its a B&W scene that starts off the second story.

Quote:
planet terror i'm not sure if the extended cut is worth it...i think there is a bedroom scene in the extended planet terror.
I forget what was extended but it wasn't the bedroom scene.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-05-2008, 02:26 PM
ccphilly1984's Avatar
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,879
Default

thanks for the 411... looks like i'll do the first deleted scene from deathproof...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-09-2008, 12:42 AM
BambooLounge's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,115
Default

Starz HD, NY Time Warner Digital Cable, just showed the extended cuts of both films...I though Death Proof looked excellent. I only caught the "fight for helicopter" sequence of Planet Terror, which was intentionally degraded looking...hope these hit Blu-ray in the theatrical presentation including trailers
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
In Demand: Razer Shuts Down Pre-Orders For Edge Pro Due to High Demand Brian Hoss Game Room 3 03-13-2013 10:18 PM
grindhouse Starz HD exclusive ccphilly1984 High Definition Smackdown 32 03-04-2008 03:29 PM
Only At The GRINDHOUSE!!! BostonMA HD DVD Software General Discussion 23 03-27-2007 12:22 PM
Just got my tickets for Grindhouse movie15 Film Forum 7 03-24-2007 06:30 PM
Grindhouse on HD DVD neo-chimera HD DVD Software General Discussion 3 03-10-2007 07:27 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off