Rolling Vengeance in HD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-22-2008, 07:40 AM

Default Rolling Vengeance in HD

Ok, I know this may be a terrible movie for some, but it was one of my favorites as a kid along with Maximum Overdrive. LOL, probably not your typical 'childhood' films, but none the less, I like them.

moving on...

It has come to my attention that Showtime, on at least one occasion, aired the movie in widescreen and in high def. I have the VHS somewhere, but no longer own a VHS player. I was going to have a friend convert the VHS, which is full screen, to a DVD for me. However, once I heard that the movie exists somewhere in a high def format, I have been trying to get a copy ever since.

So, what are my options here? If I were to somehow find someone that recorded it on their DVR, or if I happen to catch it, is there a way to get it off of the player in high def and onto a Blu-ray or possibly squeezed onto a DVD in high def. I have a DVD burner, but I'm not too familiar with the Blu-ray options out there.

So, how would you guys proceed from here? I have never tried to take content off of a DVR. Hell, if this movie is available as an import, let me know. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:28 PM

Not one reply? Really? No one has anything to say on any part of this?

Ok, forget the movie all together, lets say I have something recorded on my HD-DVR, how can I get it off of that and maintain the high definition transfer and the surround sound? Surely someone has an answer for that.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:49 AM

I just have a dvd recorder so i go from hd dvr to dvd recorder but kinda sucks because my recorder records it 4:3 so if i want to watch it again it has to be on a ws tv the quality is really good but just kinda sucks on the recording