Knight Rider - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-18-2008, 01:27 PM

Default Knight Rider

anyone catch the new Knight Rider movie/pilot last night, i did. i thought it was alright, deffinately builds up the characters, i was sceptical at the KITT Mustang, but it was ok, Val Kilmer did an alright job as the voice of KITT i thought. wanted to see more hoff in it
Old 02-18-2008, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIHB View Post
anyone catch the new Knight Rider movie/pilot last night, i did. i thought it was alright, deffinately builds up the characters, i was sceptical at the KITT Mustang, but it was ok, Val Kilmer did an alright job as the voice of KITT i thought. wanted to see more hoff in it
The original Will Arnett voice overs were much better than Kilmer's re-dub, IMHO.

I hated that there were so many commercials. It was a 2-hour "movie" with one hour of show and one hour of commercials (not kidding). This should have just been a one hour commercial free event, brought to us by Ford.

The KITT Mustang was okay. Some of it was hokey like having dual spoilers at top speed (I guess a nod to the original pursuit mode), and some stuff looked obviously CGI. I wish they hadn't tried to explain some of the technology behind it, since their explanations were horrible (like the windows aren't bullet proof, the car just has nanites that can repair any damage as fast as it occurs).

B- in my opinion, but it does have some potential. The acting wasn't half bad.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:56 PM

yah it was bad, nothing but ford commercials and happened every 8 minutes. that almost killed it for me. also there wasnt much substance except "road trip in the chameleon"

i also dont get how a the kid was an ex army ranger under the age of 30, in debt, meets exgirl, gets debt paid off. the debt thing could have been left out i thought.

i will give the show some more watching if it makes it to that point. as long as its not a ford advertisement every 8 minutes
Old 02-18-2008, 01:58 PM

I watched about 15 minutes of that show before deciding it was the biggest joke.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
I watched about 15 minutes of that show before deciding it was the biggest joke.
I did the same, but then kept watching it for the next 1:45. I don't know if "disappointment" is the right word, since I wasn't expecting it to be good anyway yet it somehow ended up worse.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:38 PM

Terrible show.Just as bad as the original.The only reason it got good ratings was due to the dearth of new programming.Even worse than Bionic Woman.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:40 PM

stupid stupid stupid...and KITT as a mustang...please...Ford just has an issue because the new mustang is an overhyped POS to begin with.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:01 PM

I missed it but I'll watch the rerun on Saturday night.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:41 PM

I downloaded it off XBL. The only good part was when the girl took off her clothes because the car was on fire
Old 09-24-2008, 01:57 PM

Wow, I actually rather liked the movie and am kind of stoked for the series premire tonight. I want to see hassolhoff & the transam kitt from the 80s eventually team up with his son and mustang kitt for a mission. That would rock the house dude.