Pro Bowl not broadcast in HD? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-10-2008, 11:42 PM

Default Pro Bowl not broadcast in HD?

I watched the Pro Bowl today on Fox HD but the PQ was very poor, colors were washed out, and it just looked very SD. Most of the ads looked better than the actual game. Did anyone else find this to be the case?
Old 02-11-2008, 12:07 AM

I didn't watch it this year but if memory serves correct, it wasn't in HD last year either.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:11 AM

I think that it was widescreen standard def. Normally, for SD broadcasts, my TV shows a 4:3 picture. The picture for the pro bowl was a filled my widescreen tv and the menus and picture were terrible quality. This makes me feel it was either a poor attempt at upscaling the SD, or just SD period.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:16 AM

I was thinking the same exact thing when I was watching it, it looked very dull. It was definitely shot with 480i Widescreen cameras
Old 02-12-2008, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishi View Post
I watched the Pro Bowl today on Fox HD but the PQ was very poor, colors were washed out, and it just looked very SD. Most of the ads looked better than the actual game. Did anyone else find this to be the case?
I recorded on my DVR, and my it looks pretty non-hd. Luckily was at the game and got Adrian Petersons autograph on my Vikings uni, and my sister got it on her Oklahoma jersey. I was rooting against the AFC this year because of so many Patriots on the O-Line...and lots of people were booing the Pats throughout the game.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:36 AM

a lot of ths sd stuff is now being stretched to fool people. I can almost gurantee you it was NOT in hd for one reason--they don't want to take the trouble to get all the hd cameras over to Hawaii where the game is held each year. I'm almost positive that's the reason.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkadin View Post
a lot of ths sd stuff is now being stretched to fool people. I can almost gurantee you it was NOT in hd for one reason--they don't want to take the trouble to get all the hd cameras over to Hawaii where the game is held each year. I'm almost positive that's the reason.
Bingo. Thats the exact reason its not broadcast in HD, i know because i recall reading something along those lines previously last year i believe. Also seriously out all the all star games, the Pro Bowl is one event i dont watch and i wouldnt want my players in it.