New Directv Hd channels question - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-02-2008, 12:50 AM

Default New Directv Hd channels question

Hello all I was wondering from what I have heard they are phasing out the H10 receiver and once the hd transition is complete it will be useless as far as hd satellite feeds are concerned. Does anybody have a timeline for this? the second part of my question is is there any way for me to upgrade my equipment with out signing up for a new contract? I would like to be able to get the new hd channels without obligation. I also would be willing to pay any equipment costs. I apologize if this has been covered before. Any help would be appreciated and as always thanks.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:04 AM

I did several upgrades when I was with DTV and just bought the receivers from Ebay. There was no questions asked I called them gave them the new card number and up and running in a few minutes.

As for the new HD channels, they actually removed 3 of them from my HD package and said I had to pay for them. I dumped DTV in less than 30 mins and moved right over to Dish Network. After the change they had the nerve to call and say they would give those channels back to me for 3 months. Joke

I have I think the H20 (not at home right now), sell it to you for $50 includes shipping if you want. Mint condition and works fine in original box. Doubt I'll ever go back to DTV.

Last edited by umtech; 02-06-2008 at 12:19 AM.