"The Godfather" on A&E HD Tonight - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-19-2008, 10:37 PM

Default "The Godfather" on A&E HD Tonight

Is playing right now in HD and replays @ 11:00 pm central again after! Looks pretty good in HD, although I hope Coppola gives it the full transfer treatment if it ever releases on HD to buy.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:44 PM

I saw Godfather on A&E HD not too long ago and it was stretched from the 4:3 regular A&E version. It should be pretty obvious to you. Was it stretched?
Old 01-19-2008, 10:51 PM

Now that you say it does look morphed. Almost looks like a good s- dvd upconvert in pq. I've noticed that a lot of programs do that. TNTHD, TBSHD, USAHD, etc... Hey it beats watching the standard channels though.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:50 AM

Default Godfather A&E-HD/DVD

When the Godfather first came on AEHD I checked out the dvd to the HD cut and let me tell you the dvd is FRAMED WRONG. They cut people out of the picture. (take one of the family photo parts from the wedding)
But on the HD cut everyone was in the full frame. Not just that but the colors were just right in the HD version. The DVD is too bright.

So I would take the HD cut any day over the dvd version
Old 01-20-2008, 12:14 PM

yeah it is VERY sad that even A&E chose to ZOOM the picture. I remember when A&E didn't even have commercials. They used to actually seem to be honestly culturally minded. Not anymore.
btw: I did check a little of this out and it looked horrible. The actual HD DVD/BD release of this will look like 1000% better I am sure.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:39 PM

Godfather looks horrible on A&E-Goodfellas looked the same way when they ran that.Unwatchable.And even worse was Dirty Harry on History Channel HD.Not only streched but look like a bad vhs tape.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:08 AM

All of my HD channels are perfect except A&E and TBS. I hate to watch A&E on HD. The picture looks stretched out. I know it's not my tv, because the other 20 HD channels are perfect. TNT used to be like that, but they fixed it. I guess A&E hasn't noticed. By the way, I have comcast.