Directv HD package question - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-09-2008, 01:50 AM

Default Directv HD package question

I have the D* HD package but I don't have 2 HD channels that I think I should have since I have the HD package. The 2 HD channels that I don't have are Universal HD (channel 74) and HDNM (channel 78)

If I got to get a new package to get those 2 HD channels what package do I order?
Old 01-09-2008, 06:27 AM

I would be very curious to know the answer to this also. If I recall, when I first signed up with Direct TV about 6mo ago, I was getting those two channels.
I also noticed there are other new HD channels Im not getting. If Im paying for the HD package I want to know why.
I havent had a chance to call them, maybe Ill have to get to it today
Old 01-09-2008, 08:39 AM

as of the end of last december the two channels are now part of the "Extra HD" pack. current subscribers used to get them for free but now you have to pay $5 for it.

some HD channels are in the directory but have not been updated. dtv will be rolling out more hd channels as they become available and D11 (sat) goes up later this year.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chotaBK View Post
as of the end of last december the two channels are now part of the "Extra HD" pack. current subscribers used to get them for free but now you have to pay $5 for it.

some HD channels are in the directory but have not been updated. dtv will be rolling out more hd channels as they become available and D11 (sat) goes up later this year.
How do I change the HD package that I have now to the Extra HD pachage? I've tried to change it online but somehow I can't.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:20 AM

Call them up and tell them you want the extra pack, it's $4.99 a month I believe but they should offer it for free for 3 months. I called and said I wasn't aware of the change and she said, we're sorry I can give you three months for free.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:43 PM

Log on to your account on Direct TV's website. Choose Change Programming. Choose Services. Choose the DirectTV HD Extra Pack. Should show up as free for the first three months. Entitles you to the previously free channels:

HDNet Movies
UniversalHD
MGMHD
MHD
Smithsonian HD
Old 01-09-2008, 07:28 PM

Wait a minute.......
When I signed up with them I opted for the HD programming at $5-$10 extra per month, now your saying there is another tier thats going to cost me even more money? If thats true, what a rip off.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust View Post
Wait a minute.......
When I signed up with them I opted for the HD programming at $5-$10 extra per month, now your saying there is another tier thats going to cost me even more money? If thats true, what a rip off.
it really isnt a ripoff.

do you have to pay for ppv HD? yes. then think of it as such. the channels that are part of the "Extra HD" pack ARE movie channels.

dtv currently has the BEST offering in HD. that is why i am fine with it. mind you, i had those channels free before. now i found that there isnt enough for the extra $5. if they add a few more channels to it, then i will reconsider.

if dtv isnt for you then goto anyone else. most companies will reimburse your ETF for you to switch.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:21 AM

Those were the channels the removed from my HD package I was paying the 9.99 a month for. They said they are not included any more and you have to pay extra for them! Screw them, I moved right over to Dish with those and many more channels.