DirecTV HD Programming and Channels - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-02-2007, 07:32 PM

Default DirecTV HD Programming and Channels

I am not pleases with the way DirecTV is doing HD. I have noticed on many occasions on Sundays that some channels programming in the morning will not be on until 5pm in the afternoon. What makes me bring this up now is because TNT and TNTHD which is a channel I watch alot compared to the others that have been suspended has been effected today. The topper though is that I have the NFL Package with SuperFan and is suppose to get all of the games in HD. Well I have noticed that all of the games are not in HD and once again what made me take notice is I was not able to see my favorite team in HD. This was not the first time that it happened to my team too. I have been with DirecTV since 2000 and if I find something better that I can count on to get what I paid for, I am history with them!!!!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel25 View Post
I am not pleases with the way DirecTV is doing HD. I have noticed on many occasions on Sundays that some channels programming in the morning will not be on until 5pm in the afternoon. What makes me bring this up now is because TNT and TNTHD which is a channel I watch alot compared to the others that have been suspended has been effected today. The topper though is that I have the NFL Package with SuperFan and is suppose to get all of the games in HD. Well I have noticed that all of the games are not in HD and once again what made me take notice is I was not able to see my favorite team in HD. This was not the first time that it happened to my team too. I have been with DirecTV since 2000 and if I find something better that I can count on to get what I paid for, I am history with them!!!!
You probably already know this but the Sunday ticket HD games are on different channels, like higher than channel 716? Also, when I input an HD channel using the actual numerical pad, it sometimes goes to the standard channel first. Try doing a channel up and then channel down and you should get the HD version. I still forget sometimes and wind up watching the standard channel for a few minutes before I realize.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:18 PM

There are also a few games a week that are still in SD. CBS is still short a couple HD cameras. I know the Cincinnati / Buffalo game was in SD a few weeks back, the Oakland / Denver game was in SD this week. This is not DirectTV's fault. The Cincinnati game was in SD on my OTA antenna as well.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:03 PM

DirecTV does not supply the HD cameras for the games to be in HD, and their website clearly states they offer up to 9 games a week in HD, so I don't know who told you every game was in HD because they're not...

As for the "programming will return after 5pm" crap I couldn't agree with you more... I get the baseball package and DirecTV will not air any games before 7pm on Saturday because of the FOX game, which is bullshit because I'm paying for those games...