comcast robocop/robocop2/lord of war - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-21-2007, 10:02 AM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

Default comcast robocop/robocop2/lord of war

I'm excited about robocop and robocop 2 and lord of war added to the comcast on demand... I can't beleive i wasted my money on robocop on blu ray when it is on demand in the free movies along with robocop 2... and lord of war is awesome on starz HD... watched the premier last night right before it was added to Starz on demand... i'm looking forward to robocp 2... especially because it isn't on hdm. anyone else check these out on comcast?
Old 11-22-2007, 10:21 PM

I see robocop 1 & 2 but no lord of war in my ondemand? Are you sure that they didn't remove that one. I really want to see that.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

at least the bitrate and res are of greater quality than that of On Demand so its not so bad.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrENGLISH View Post
at least the bitrate and res are of greater quality than that of On Demand so its not so bad.
Robocop looks pretty tough on demand... I thought it was the low bitrate, but I just watched Crimson Tide on demand and it was really sharp. That is gonna be a nice blu-ray when it hits the states. I would be afraid to see what the Robocop blu-ray looks like.
Old 11-23-2007, 12:36 PM

ROBOCOP has always had a dingy, gritty look to it, even on the criterion laserdisc. Saw nboth films OnDemand. ROBO 2 looks better, but it was shot differently...suit is more blue than grey, bright-lit scenes, etc.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:12 PM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan123 View Post
Robocop looks pretty tough on demand... I thought it was the low bitrate, but I just watched Crimson Tide on demand and it was really sharp. That is gonna be a nice blu-ray when it hits the states. I would be afraid to see what the Robocop blu-ray looks like.
i made the mistake of overpaying for the robocop blu-ray... damn fox... damn them to hell... plus their bd+ encryption forces bd owners into annoying updates and stand alone bd owners can't even log online with their players to easily get the updates... on the brighter side getting comcast hd saved me from having to buy that on bd... it's kind of nice having some good movies on demand... slows up the need for two hdm players a bit... but then again i had both before i had hd cable service.