need help arguing with comcast - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-19-2007, 01:04 PM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

Default need help arguing with comcast

i really wanted this deal that comcast has... 80 bucks a month for all the channels and every premium channel, but they said it is only for new customers only... me and my dad have had analog cable for 20 years... and we would technically be a new digital cable subscriber with this deal. That would have been a sweet deal considering i'd be splitting the bill with him... and i'd have all the premiums with all premiums on demand... oh please don't mention trying satellite because i am a baseball fan and the only way for me to watch the phillies is on comcast sportsnet philadelphia and it's only on comcast and fios, and my dad has a thing against fios because they take away your analog phone lines which he needs because he has two dsl connections for rapidly changing ip addresses.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:04 PM

Comcast is difficult to argue with. Worse case is to threaten to cancel, but I don't know. They are just ball busters.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:32 PM

yup, tell them you feel that you should qualify for the deal and if they want to keep your business, they should give you the deal. If not, you are canceling EVERYTHING, cable TV, internet, etc. Then, cancel, wait a few months, and then sign back up as a new subscriber. Above all, be nice to the person on the phone, try to get a girl (they are usually easier to work with), if you get someone difficult, hang up and call again a bit later.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:37 AM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

wow all that trouble for 30 bucks a month off the already outrageous prices... makes me want fios if my dad would stop bitching aobut his phone lines being changed to fiber.

EDIT: Argued some of the price down... got comcast hd today... splitting the cost with my dad... now i can see star wars in HD WHOO HOO... the heck with hdm if cable puts it on all the time... now i can focus on buying movies that aren't on hd cable on demand.

Last edited by ccphilly1984; 11-20-2007 at 02:07 PM.