Local HD Channels - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-26-2007, 11:55 PM

Default Local HD Channels

Ive seen talk about getting Local HD Channels via an antenna? How exactly does this work?? Also...does this mean I could get FOX, ABC, CBS, and NBC HD without having to use my Time Warner HD Cable box which only gives me ABC HD and CBS HD?
Old 01-27-2007, 11:56 AM

If you have an internal HD tuner you can. I use an amplified Terk indoor antenna and the signal I get from CBS for football is awesome, and its free. Also Cox in my area still doesn't carry FOX or CBS.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:52 PM

I have DirecTV HD and local channels coming in perfectly - I love it for FOX because of 24.

It very simple on the HR20 to get HD channels - just pull up the guide and select HD channels under the catergoires.

My Sony HDTV does an excelient job of upconcerting non HD inputs - so standard channels look nice - but nothing like the HD channels.

I have an antenna ( RCA ), but it seem very flakely. didn't use it for more than a week or so. Upgraded my Satelite and never going back.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:41 PM

Most of the new satalite hd (dvr) converters come with built in hd tuner for all of your locals. Over the air is really nice, but don't get me wrong I tried 2 or 3 before I found the one that works best for my application.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkForce View Post
Ive seen talk about getting Local HD Channels via an antenna? How exactly does this work?? Also...does this mean I could get FOX, ABC, CBS, and NBC HD without having to use my Time Warner HD Cable box which only gives me ABC HD and CBS HD?
In addition to FOX, ABC, CBS, and NBC, I also get the CW, My Network TV, and 2 PBS stations in HD. There are also several other digital channels in SD. I watched mostly network TV anyway so I dropped cable and am saving a bundle.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:09 AM

I get my HD from over the air,its free!! Outside antenna on a 40' pole with rotor.I also have directv,but not the HD package.I get all the free HD channels available in 3 cities nearby.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:20 AM

In Minneapolis, all of the local networks are broadcasting digitally. Everyone has an HD station and some have multiple channels.