What is the best Dish service? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-01-2007, 09:49 AM

Default What is the best Dish service?

Guys I need some help. I live in the Chicagoland area and can't get the Big Ten Network becaus I have comcast. Comcast claims they didnt' want to add the BTN and charge customers an extra $1.10 a month for it to be on the basic channel lineup. I read today that Comcast is going to increase the price on your bill by up $9 in "extras". This kind of pisses me off considering we still won't get the BTN but they'll add other stupid channels i wont even watch.

My question is I'm looking at dish but not sure which one to go with. Here is what I'd like because I have now.

-HD-DVR boxes
-High Speed internet
-Price around or less than $160 a month.
-HBO as a premium channel, if i can get more great, but thats all I have now

Also, if you could tell me about how much installation and all that crap was, and how much you pay monthly would help as well.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:28 PM

DirecTV.

You can get all of that minus the high speed Internet. Plus DirecTV has the Big Ten Network HD channel. They need a Big East HD channel because I could give a rat's ass about the Big Ten.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:55 AM

Without a doubt, Dish Network. I have had DirecTV also. Dish wins hands down and has the best DVR. I also recently got high speed internet through them.
Old 11-02-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideybat View Post
Without a doubt, Dish Network. I have had DirecTV also. Dish wins hands down and has the best DVR.
I disagree
Old 11-02-2007, 12:27 PM

Thanks for the replies. Here is what ended up happening.

I called Comcast and told them that if i cancelled my cable service could i keep HSI? She said no you aren't moving to dish? I said yes i am because you guys don't get the Big Ten Network and I want that. Dish has it. So after some bitching about how they suck and how Dish is going to offer me stuff. She gave me Starz free for a year and $10 off my HSI for 6 months.

So I stayed with Comcast for now. If i want the BTN i'll just go watch a game at BW3s or something.