So...TBSHD? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-31-2007, 07:49 PM

Default So...TBSHD?

Now that baseball is over with (and I didn't even watch that), there's absolutely no point for TBSHD. Their programming is just stretched out and their movies aren't in HD or even upscaled. The channel is nothing more than an extra spot I have to skip over in the channel guide.

Does anyone know of any active plans to expand this station's HD support. I could gut Time Warner Cable. They give us TBSHD, but no new channels of any worth.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:19 PM

i don't have TBSHD in my area but TNTHD does the same thing only they have more HD programing. A&E HD does it also they show reruns of crossing Jordan that were shown on NBC in HD but A&E shows it stretched out with black bars.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:10 AM
Formerly MrENGLISH

Not everything aired on TBSHD is upscaled and stretched (although majority of it is). Just give it time. They do air a lot of older shows so what do you expect...
Old 11-29-2007, 08:23 AM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

yeah... companies are making all these hd channels, but don't have programing for them yet... patience... on the subject it's kind of cool that directv offered all these hd channels, but it seems to me (from this satellite page) that most are upconverts... but they stacked the cards... dish network and cable will follow once there is content for them.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:57 AM

i agree, TBS HD sux nutz.

I don't want stretch-o-vision and thats what 90% of their content is. Leave the regular aspect ratio and give the user the option to stretch it or not!
Old 01-01-2008, 06:00 PM

Tbs HD is by far the worst HD channel.

THey show movies that are available in wide screen as streched out full frame movies, its awful.

Why even waste the bandwidth?
Old 01-11-2008, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzparentl View Post
i agree, TBS HD sux nutz.

I don't want stretch-o-vision and thats what 90% of their content is. Leave the regular aspect ratio and give the user the option to stretch it or not!
Agreed. Upscale it or whatever but don't stretch it like that.