New DISH Network HD Channels? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-18-2007, 12:01 PM

Default New DISH Network HD Channels?

I am wondering if anyone has any info. on when Dish Network may be getting any of the new HD channels that Direct TV has recently added? I would like to have USA HD (My wife loves Monk), and some of the others. I have tried to look this up at a lot of different sites, but can't find anything out. Thanks for any and all help.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochild3180 View Post
I am wondering if anyone has any info. on when Dish Network may be getting any of the new HD channels that Direct TV has recently added? I would like to have USA HD (My wife loves Monk), and some of the others. I have tried to look this up at a lot of different sites, but can't find anything out. Thanks for any and all help.
Probably soon. DISH just added TBS HD (although it's really just OK). TBS-HD just stretches the picture out to fill the screen for most shows. But when they show baseball, it looks incredible! I hope USA HD actually shows HD shows and doesn't just stretch them out.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:20 PM

NHL Network HD came up yesterday. Saweeeet!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:47 PM

Saw a commerical the other day about Dish now offering 70 HD channels... Is this true or did they just extend their PPV channels to make it look like they can compete with DirecTV?...
Old 10-27-2007, 02:49 AM

Directv is counting HD PPV channels in their total, so Dish is now too. Dish added to the HD PPV lineup first though. They are also both counting regional sports networks, which you likely won't receive.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshoes View Post
Directv is counting HD PPV channels in their total, so Dish is now too. Dish added to the HD PPV lineup first though. They are also both counting regional sports networks, which you likely won't receive.
You're correct about the HD PPV channels... Not sure I would even count them because with a BD & HD player I would never use them... But when you said I likely will not receive the local sports channels (which I do get all 13 of them with the sports package) can you not get them through Dish?... I'm moving in a couple months and was not sure about keeping DirecTV or getting Dish... But if I can't get out-of-network sports channels I will not even bother...
Old 10-27-2007, 06:19 PM

The Dish regional sport networks are only on during HD programming, which is mostly pro events that are blacked out except for their home markets.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:35 PM

NBATV HD has been added for good on the Dish HD package.