New HD channels on cable question... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-31-2007, 12:57 PM

Default New HD channels on cable question...

So I was watching Discovery HD Theater and I saw their promo for their new HD channels (Animal Planet HD, TLC HD, Science Channel HD) and I see that dish subscribers get them now along with many other HD channels. I have Time Warner and I'm wondering will we ever get these new channels? Is cable always at the low end of the number of HD channels?
Old 09-01-2007, 12:25 AM

Actually Cablevision currently has the highest number of HD channels, and it's a cable company. Some of them are pretty crappy though. GolfHD has artifacts galore. It was almost painful to watch.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:42 AM

LOL, Time Warner... lol... sorry, just had to laugh. I also have TWC, but plan on switching soon. Our HD lineup is pathetic, we just got SNYHD and ESPN2HD today.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:44 AM

Well, I sent an e-mail with my question to TWC and received a reply today. It reads:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for our delay in response. Time Warner Cable is growing its high-definition programming line-up by expanding the number of value-added HD channels that have standard definition counterparts already being offered and is not charging additional fees for its value-added HD programming.

At this time we do not have a publicly available list of HD channels or launch dates, but we can tell you we are committed to close to doubling our current HD line-up by the end of the year. We are actively pursuing contract talks with HD channel providers and hope to offer you an expanded line-up as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Matt
Customer Care Rep.
Time Warner Cable
Old 09-07-2007, 11:00 AM

I got crappy comcast hd...channels aren't that good. But at least football and espn are HD
Old 09-07-2007, 11:03 AM

I have Dish and they are all awesome. They are supposed to be adding more later this year.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:04 AM

I've got TimeWarner in central KY and they added ESPN2HD about 2 weeks ago. Right now our lineup is pathetic at best compared to comcast, insight, and there's not even a comparison between DTV or Dish.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardMan101 View Post
Well, I sent an e-mail with my question to TWC and received a reply today. It reads:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for our delay in response. Time Warner Cable is growing its high-definition programming line-up by expanding the number of value-added HD channels that have standard definition counterparts already being offered and is not charging additional fees for its value-added HD programming.

At this time we do not have a publicly available list of HD channels or launch dates, but we can tell you we are committed to close to doubling our current HD line-up by the end of the year. We are actively pursuing contract talks with HD channel providers and hope to offer you an expanded line-up as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Matt
Customer Care Rep.
Time Warner Cable

i too have twc, and if by the end of the year we dont have more channels, i'm going to direct or dish
Old 09-10-2007, 08:06 PM

I got Brighthouse and i must say there isn't a ton of programming. Got the usual ESPN and Espn 2. We also got a new channel that has some pretty cool prgrams it is called MOJO. Really like a program called TIMELESS. Also UniversalHD is pretty cool.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:14 PM

I have Comcast in SW FL. I"ve got ESPN1&2, TNT, DISCOVERY HD, MOJO, CSHD GOLF & VS, UNIVERSAL HD, MUSIC HD, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, A&E, SUN SPORTS IF THE MARLINS OR DEVIL RAYS ARE ON HGHD, FOOD NETWORK, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, & PBS. We just got the HGHD ande food network a few weeks ago. I wont watch it but I know someone else probably would. I also saw the ad on Discovery HD the other day. Hopefully we will get these soon. I have also not really watched my SD DVD channels. Oh we also have HD movies on demand. Well that's about it here.
Mischa.