Game of Thrones: FiOS vs Comcast? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-20-2016, 06:09 PM

Default Game of Thrones: FiOS vs Comcast?

I'm not a daily user here so forgive me if this is not worth starting a new thread or answered elsewhere.

I have a VIZIO M65-C1 65-Inch 4K television, cable via Comcast X1.

I've noticed to my dismay a lot of banding and pixelation during Game of Thrones on HBO HD, during dark scenes (Castle Black).

Two questions. 1: is there anything I can do about it? I've done basic calibration of brightness and contrast with the Disney WOW bluray, so the TV is in the right ballpark. This looks like bad compression from Comcast (I guess?).

2. If I switched to FIOS, would my problem be solved? Does it have better picture quality, especially in dark scenes?

Thanks to anyone who has time/expertise to help answer this.

-Vaughn