So frustrated with how 'The 100' has been going in season 3 - they ruined the series - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-05-2016, 12:28 PM

Default So frustrated with how 'The 100' has been going in season 3 - they ruined the series

I thought seasons 1 and 2 of The 100 were pretty good, even addicting, and although I've stuck with the series, even after the first five or six mostly bad episodes of season 3, the last episode seems to have ruined the show, IMO.
Spoiler
So, in an attempt to kill Clarke and make it look like Murphy did it, Titus gets a gun (which only skaikru uses) and shoots Lexa by mistake, killing her. After reading interviews, I know why the writers chose to kill her off. For the business side of Hollywood, it made sense, because they were going to lose the actress who played Lexa, Alycia Debnam-Carey, to AMC, before season 7 of The 100, due to her being a full-time actress on Fear the Walking Dead. For the story side of things, they're obviously going to try to make something out of this, but to me, they've just shifted gears from bad to worse. So, what's worse, having a key character disappear, until she can come back, if the series lasts long enough, or killing her off, which can't be undone?

Since there was an AI program in Lexa's body, collecting data, that could allow Lexa's hologram or something along those lines to come back, but it would just be a computer.

There have been a lot of character shifts in the series, even in the first two seasons. For example, at the beginning of the series, Kane was the evil henchman, but when the adults landed on Earth, he sort of became the good character. Bellamy's season 3 character shift, however, basically into a mass murderer after Pike talked him in to it, was not a good move, IMO. He did start off as sort of a chaotic character, a bit power hungry and/or corrupt maybe, but Clarke took charge and sort of balanced him out. IIRC, they played the story off as Bellamy being angry that Clarke left and him feeling like all of the weight of responsibility was on his shoulders, but since the adults were there, that story didn't make sense. It's not plausible that he was so mad at Clarke that he just lost control. Really, how plausible is it that Pike, a hate and fear monger of a man that wanted war with the grounders, would actually get elected as chancellor? Of course, all of these are just opinions. Yours may differ...

End of rant...
Old 03-08-2016, 12:10 PM

Completely opposite feeling on the show than you, still loving it, loving what happened in the latest episode since I wasnt following anything behind the scenes and character paths have made sense to me so far. Electing Pike makes full sense because of what the civilians do or dont see, most of the people left arent fighters and havent really been involved in any of it, a guy like Pike easily pushed them over the edge into believing what he wanted them to, with a force of 300 grounders out there, it was easy to play off of the fears of those people, I mean you are talking about people who lived on a space station for a really damn long time and now they barely survived coming back down to earth and there is this crazy threat to their lives, of course they are going to vote someone in like Pike.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:44 PM

I understand where you're coming from with Pike. I guess my biggest gripe right now is that the core character of Bellamy, in season 3, isn't the same character from seasons 1 or 2. He's basically become Finn 2.0. He's not as obsessed and isn't acting alone, but the similarities are there.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malakai View Post
I understand where you're coming from with Pike. I guess my biggest gripe right now is that the core character of Bellamy, in season 3, isn't the same character from seasons 1 or 2. He's basically become Finn 2.0. He's not as obsessed and isn't acting alone, but the similarities are there.
Yeah I'm not totally behind his motivations but I'm sure its partly because he trusted in Clarke and she just up and left and didnt want to deal, then the grounders made his life more miserable by doing what they did, so I think he's justified in feeling the way he did but he's also conflicted and they are still trying to get through to him, to wake him up to who he really is, he's letting his anger and hatred get in the way, which a lot of people really do, so I guess he does actually make sense with the way he's going
Old 05-16-2016, 08:44 AM

Just found this post since season 3 release date has been posted and thought I'd chime in even though it might be considered necro-ing the thread.

I was (and still am) in total agreement that I did NOT like the arc the took with Bellamy this season. While in recent episodes (I'm one behind ATM) they have made him a more level-headed character again, the early episodes with Pike still tick me off. I don't hate the actual Pike storyline, I think it was an interesting way to (yet again) tear apart the peace between the grounders and Skaikru, I hate that they had Bellamy go along with it so readily.

That said, I think the current season has really gone off the rails (in a good way) with the current storyline and I cannot WAIT to see how they resolve this AI plot! Based on the most recent episode I watched
Spoiler
(they tried to get Luna to take the commander chip but failed)
I really see no way of beating Alie!
Old 05-20-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by browncoat85 View Post
Just found this post since season 3 release date has been posted and thought I'd chime in even though it might be considered necro-ing the thread.

I was (and still am) in total agreement that I did NOT like the arc the took with Bellamy this season. While in recent episodes (I'm one behind ATM) they have made him a more level-headed character again, the early episodes with Pike still tick me off. I don't hate the actual Pike storyline, I think it was an interesting way to (yet again) tear apart the peace between the grounders and Skaikru, I hate that they had Bellamy go along with it so readily.

That said, I think the current season has really gone off the rails (in a good way) with the current storyline and I cannot WAIT to see how they resolve this AI plot! Based on the most recent episode I watched
Spoiler
(they tried to get Luna to take the commander chip but failed)
I really see no way of beating Alie!
Good end IMO and the turn around of Bellamy made sense, he came to his senses and realized how he was acting, they did a good job of him explaining his feelings, its obvious that his sister cant see the same thing though, she's lost it if you ask me

Not sure where things will go from here now, they found out something worse could be coming and I have no clue how you make another season based around this realization, should be interesting and I'm looking forward to another season
Old 05-21-2016, 01:31 PM

Spoiler
Apparently, a lot of people knew Lexa was coming back, due to part of the finale being shot in downtown Vancouver, where spectators saw her on set, and/or photos were leaked. There was a huge backlash about her dying though, or the way she died: The 100 Boss Pens Thoughtful Apology to Fans for Lexa's Death. I thought it was great that she would come back for the finale though.

So, is the series over? No, the CW has revealed there will be a season 4.
Spoiler
Are they going to go underground, or go back into space? Or just wait to die?