Woke up this morning to Marvel's Jessica Jones on my netflix list - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-20-2015, 05:04 PM

Default Woke up this morning to Marvel's Jessica Jones on my netflix list

So far, I've watched just a few episodes of Marvel's Jessica Jones, a Netflix series that actually got released today. Apparently, the press had gotten to see the first seven episodes early, out of 13(?). Sex, violence, lesbians, more sex, bi-sexuality, cheating wives, a bad-arse (what they call superhero) bitch, all rolled into one detective tv series. This isn't yo mama's (Disney's) marvel universe here.

So, what does everyone think of the series so far?
Old 11-30-2015, 10:57 PM

Well, finally done with season 1. So, the bad guy in every single episode of the entire season is Doctor Who... No other real bad guys in the series.There are tv shows where there are central villains, like A-Team and the Incredible Hulk, but with each episode, they generally fight someone new, not even affiliated with the main villains that are chasing them around. I mean, there is kind of an off-the-rocker Captain America wannabe named Will Simpson who is pretty chaotic, somewhat like a roid rager or something. He's obviously a Captain America ripoff. He looks pretty much just like him. According to some speculation, he is (or will be) actually a villain named Nuke, from Captain America, Daredevil, and Wolverine.

Spoiler
For a person that's suppose to be a superhero, Jessica Jones doesn't really do much superhero stuff throughout the whole season. In fact, they wait until the end of the entire series before setting up her 'Alias Investigations' to basically a superhero business, after she kills Doctor Who and 'saves' a bunch of people.

Jessica Jones seems to be modeled after Lisbeth Salander, from the millennium trilogy, in both looks and attitude. I sure hope that season 2 doesn't focus just on one villain.