AT&T Offers Cord-Cutting U-Verse Plan - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Staff

Default AT&T Offers Cord-Cutting U-Verse Plan

The cable provider is now offering special U-Verse bundles aimed at cord-cutters.

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...rse-plan/18030
Old 09-24-2014, 08:22 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

I have a funny almost related story. It's about putting all your eggs in one basket.

A sister of mine calls from her cell phone asking me if I can get the phone number to the tech department of her ISP. I then pushed a bit more... how do you pay the bill? Oh, it pays electronically every month. Ok, so where are your bank statements? Oh, they're paperless now so I have to view them online
So, her home phone, internet and tv/streaming services all come in via the same internet connection, and all her info/media/etc are cloud-stored. Talk about funny.

AT&T specifically as related to the story.
For them to offer an 18Mbps service as their selling point... I have a similar speed connection, it actually clocks at 17725 and even on good days I will see hiccups with Youtube, Vudu, Netflix and other sites. How the hell does a cut-cord family use these services if there are issues with just one stream going?
Old 09-27-2014, 12:52 PM

Interesting - this bundle is available in DFW. I'll look into this some more in a bit - it looks like I can upgrade to 140 channels and HD for what I am paying now to Time Warner for the same speed with analogue basic. This seems like a pretty good deal. I need to look and see if AT&T has bandwidth caps, though, I use a ton of bandwidth