The True Detective Club (AKA, The Best New Show on TV) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-13-2014, 05:01 PM

Default The True Detective Club (AKA, The Best New Show on TV)

This show is amazing, and I will watch that 6 minute long take every night before I go to bed to marvel at it.

I used to hate McConaughey but there's no denying his magnetism these days. After seeing Dallas Buyers' Club and this, he has a certain aura that just draws you to the television

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 02-13-2014, 05:59 PM

At this point I couldn't care less who the killer is. I'm pretty sure the show feels the same way. Just get these two guys interacting with each other. That's what it's all about.

I can't help but think this is everything 'The Killing' wishes it could've been.

Twitter: @AaronPeck
Old 02-13-2014, 06:06 PM

Old 02-14-2014, 10:35 AM

I love the idea of concentrated awesome like this where they clearly define and lay out the story and exactly how much time it will take to get there. It cuts out a lot of the BS and filler that a lot of shows fall into and gives pretty much everything signfigance. That said, I'm gonna be so sad when the next four episodes are done because I'll want so much more Rust, but will never get it

I read the other day that McConaughey originally sought out to play Woody's part. He declined it because he wanted the Rust role. He then recommended Woody to the creators for the other part. How much different would this be if he took the original role?
Old 02-14-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerGuy View Post
I love the idea of concentrated awesome like this where they clearly define and lay out the story and exactly how much time it will take to get there. It cuts out a lot of the BS and filler that a lot of shows fall into and gives pretty much everything signfigance. That said, I'm gonna be so sad when the next four episodes are done because I'll want so much more Rust, but will never get it

I read the other day that McConaughey originally sought out to play Woody's part. He declined it because he wanted the Rust role. He then recommended Woody to the creators for the other part. How much different would this be if he took the original role?
I think they both still would have done a superb job. Both are capable of playing relatively 'straight' characters and also loony characters. Harrelson especially has gotten lots of attention for it over the years. Either way, I'm happy the way it has turned out so far.

Rust is a nihilistic soliloquy'ing badass.

Part of The Finer Things Club, The Ghostbusters Club, The American Psycho Club, The SDF on 360 Club
Old 02-14-2014, 04:57 PM

so where do you guys thing we're going with this yellow king angle? no idea on my end, just wondering

also i want to see where the partnership splits or what causes it, does rust take his biker coke binge to a whole new level to end up where he is right now? are they still working the case together off the books and just fucking with us? i wanna know dammit
Old 02-17-2014, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
so where do you guys thing we're going with this yellow king angle? no idea on my end, just wondering

also i want to see where the partnership splits or what causes it, does rust take his biker coke binge to a whole new level to end up where he is right now? are they still working the case together off the books and just fucking with us? i wanna know dammit
Well now we know the answer to the first question.

Another great episode. Those disappointed by lack of plot progression from the previous episode will love this. As the present and past converge, the mystery gets that much more exciting.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:39 AM

This is indeed the best thing on television right now. I almost can't wait for the end so I can go back and binge watch it over the course of 2 days. The Blu Ray is already sold.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:24 AM

my thoughts

Spoiler
i'd say obviously rust isn't the killer, his storage shed is probably full of crazy cult shit and clues he's been collecting the past 10 years
Old 02-18-2014, 12:38 PM

I don't care about the plot or the killer. I just think these two guys are the most interesting TV characters in a long while. I also simply love watching the way this show is filmed.

Twitter: @AaronPeck