Walking Dead mid season finale - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-02-2013, 10:04 AM

Default Walking Dead mid season finale

Is anyone else upset at where this show has gone? I didn't like last night's episode and was laughing at many of the lines and speeches.

Spoiler
That ending battle was a complete joke.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:35 PM

i actually liked last night's, some of the others i haven't as much

i've read the comic up to the current issues, played the game, seen every episode of the show thus far etc.

Spoiler
the whole part where they made the governor somewhat likable the last couple episodes is basically what has bugged me, in the comic he is a bastard with no redemption, i think they basically had to build him back up to that by killing herschel, which sucked, in the comic it was someone different

but this was also a way to get them out of the prison and moving onto bigger shit, which happens a lot sooner it seemed in the comic so i'm ok with how it went

i guess it depends on what you're looking for out of the show, i think if you go into it expecting non stop zombie action you're going to be disappointed from here out, the zombies and the apocalypse are basically the backdrop for a depressing story about humanity
Old 12-02-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
i actually liked last night's, some of the others i haven't as much

i've read the comic up to the current issues, played the game, seen every episode of the show thus far etc.

Spoiler
the whole part where they made the governor somewhat likable the last couple episodes is basically what has bugged me, in the comic he is a bastard with no redemption, i think they basically had to build him back up to that by killing herschel, which sucked, in the comic it was someone different

but this was also a way to get them out of the prison and moving onto bigger shit, which happens a lot sooner it seemed in the comic so i'm ok with how it went
They totally rushed everything to get to last night's last 15 minutes. I hate when writers do that.

Spoiler
The governor should have been killed at the end of last season AND they should have been out of that prison end of last season as well. They really dragged this season it felt like. Some of the lines last night were comical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
i guess it depends on what you're looking for out of the show, i think if you go into it expecting non stop zombie action you're going to be disappointed from here out, the zombies and the apocalypse are basically the backdrop for a depressing story about humanity
Nah, I was never expecting non-stop zombie action. Actually, I am sick of the amount of graphic depictions of zombie deaths. They have gone way over the top this season to show you every possible way you can kill a zombie. It's crazy and uncalled for IMO.

I went in thinking the show would be about surviving a zombie apocalypse and character development during that. I wasn't expecting it to be this depressing - it's gotten WAY depressing. I also feel there is ZERO hope. Is that what they want to convey? Give me SOME hope, something to make me keep watching it. They haven't and I may not invest anymore time into it

I've heard the comics are good. I think I am going to play the game now in this break
Old 12-03-2013, 10:42 AM

I always find it amazing that everyone in the show is a marksman when it comes to hitting zombies in the head from 10 miles out but they can't hit a human standing right in front of them.

Case in point - Rick standing in front of the fence with a tank and 30 people and not one can hit him while firing at him from about 10 feet away.

There was a ton of bullets and tank shells coming at the prison and from what I saw maybe 1 person got killed? Also, Michonne just walks around behind them no problem? Then wanders up to the governor and no one remembers that Rick was hiding behind the bus???

Spoiler
also, if it turns out that Judith is not dead I will call BS on this whole thing. The baby is just a hindrance to them at this point and getting rid of it is the best thing for their own survival. I am betting that we see Michonne walked off with the baby since we didn't see what happened to her after helping out Rick
Old 12-03-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptedDragon View Post
I always find it amazing that everyone in the show is a marksman when it comes to hitting zombies in the head from 10 miles out but they can't hit a human standing right in front of them.

Case in point - Rick standing in front of the fence with a tank and 30 people and not one can hit him while firing at him from about 10 feet away.

There was a ton of bullets and tank shells coming at the prison and from what I saw maybe 1 person got killed? Also, Michonne just walks around behind them no problem? Then wanders up to the governor and no one remembers that Rick was hiding behind the bus???

Spoiler
also, if it turns out that Judith is not dead I will call BS on this whole thing. The baby is just a hindrance to them at this point and getting rid of it is the best thing for their own survival. I am betting that we see Michonne walked off with the baby since we didn't see what happened to her after helping out Rick
YES! Couldn't agree with you more CD!
I'm really sick of the way guns and shooting are so inaccurately portrayed.
I think I'm giving up on this show. This season was a huge disappointment for me.
I'm sick of Rick's character too. I just hate what they've done with him and I think his acting has sunk this season because of it.