Breaking Bad: The Final Episodes - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-12-2013, 09:49 AM

Default Breaking Bad: The Final Episodes

What'd you guys think? I thought it was a pretty good premiere for the last eight episodes, got right back into action
Old 08-12-2013, 12:01 PM

Perfect premiere.
Spoiler
I
loved how they began the second half of the season with a flash forward once again..the shot of Walt's face broken in the mirror reflection was top notch, quite literally symbolizing him "breaking bad".

I love how they are not dragging out Hank's knowledge of Walt through the final epsiodes, since a year-long, ultra-cliffhanger was plenty enough.

Jesse's really losing himself now; I wonder if he'll be able to pick himself back up yet again.

One of the nearly endless great things about Breaking Bad is the intelligence and meaning in each of their episode's titles (Face Off anyone?). I noticed that the series' last airing is entitled FELINA, which is an anagram for FINALE, and the penultimate episode is entited GRANITE STATE, which my dad mentioned is the nickname for New Hampshire....
Old 08-12-2013, 02:21 PM

the moment when....

Spoiler
hank shuts the garage door

i was like awwww shit

that entire facade before between the two of them was so tense, great acting between the two of them.

and yes the titles are usually very well named, after seeing them play out you can see why they are titled as they are

as much as i want to see the typical hollywood redemption story play out for walt (and for some reason i really do, regardless of the horrible things he's done), i just don't see it happening, i see it being a holy shit moment of craziness.

what's going to happen with the ricin? they hinted to it about a million times last year and we finally see him pick it up, assuming we're going to have to wait all 7 remaining episodes for that
Old 08-12-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
the moment when....

Spoiler

i was like awwww shit

that entire facade before between the two of them was so tense, great acting between the two of them.

and yes the titles are usually very well named, after seeing them play out you can see why they are titled as they are

as much as i want to see the typical hollywood redemption story play out for walt (and for some reason i really do, regardless of the horrible things he's done), i just don't see it happening, i see it being a holy shit moment of craziness.

what's going to happen with the ricin? they hinted to it about a million times last year and we finally see him pick it up, assuming we're going to have to wait all 7 remaining episodes for that
Spoiler
Walt's way too far gone for redemption at this point. Jesse, on the other hand... I'm rooting for him. Either he gets the happiest ending of anyone, or ends up completely destroyed by Walt.

And I'm with BostonMA in being happy they didn't drag out the Hank thing. Having that all out there between the two of them should make these last few episodes fantastic. I imagine a great chess game between the two of them. The episode ending with the two of them staring each other down was perfect.

And this episode possibly had the best cold opening ending in a show filled with good ones.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcmahan52 View Post
the moment when....

Spoiler

i was like awwww shit

Spoiler

I was thinking the same thing. The facial expression on Walt's face when he decided he was going to confront him for real was great stuff.

[QUOTE]as much as i want to see the typical hollywood redemption story play out for walt (and for some reason i really do, regardless of the horrible things he's done), i just don't see it happening, i see it being a holy shit moment of craziness.

Gilligan has ruled out as such, saying that there will be no redemption for Walt whatsoever. I like it that way, as Walt's ego/Heisenberg aura will continue to build up to the very end.

Quote:
No idea, but I can't wait to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
And this episode possibly had the best cold opening ending in a show filled with good ones.[/spoiler]
Hello Carol. Another awesome Godfather reference as well.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:06 PM

Spoiler
Something else I enjoyed was seeing Walt act like Gus at the car wash. Gus is likely my favorite character of the entire show so it's neat to see his influence.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane View Post
Spoiler
Something else I enjoyed was seeing Walt act like Gus at the car wash. Gus is likely my favorite character of the entire show so it's neat to see his influence.
Gus is probably the greatest villain in TV history, and there was more than one reference to his lasting legacy in Walt's kingpin comparison to him.

In addition to the car wash being presented in the same view as Gus' laundromat, Walt also folds a towel and places it under his knees prior to vomiting into the toilet, and also has the same GPS tracker applied to his car, courtesy of Hank.

There's just so much depth in Breaking Bad.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:32 PM

This is by far my favorite show on TV. This 1st episode of the "last 8" was awesome.

Spoiler
I also agree that it was great that they aren't going to drag on the "Hank knows, but Walt doesn't know that Hank knows or only suspects thing". Now they can get into more action and not have to build up to "OMG, when will Hank let Walt know". It was pretty much perfect.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:58 PM

Walt punking Hank was pretty epic.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:55 AM

this week's episode was crazy good

Spoiler
holy shit that confessional tape

holy shit jesse's epiphany

holy shit can of gas

i don't know if it's just me, but i totally thought that van coming to pick jesse up was pretty much his death sentence, and the bag of money was basically the hit man's payment, not his new life money

5 episodes left....