Comcast Won't Count Xfinity Streams on Xbox 360 Against Data Caps - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-28-2012, 09:56 AM
HDD Contributor

Default Comcast Won't Count Xfinity Streams on Xbox 360 Against Data Caps

The company says that the traditional internet isn't used for the streams.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/cab...xbox-360-26790
Old 03-28-2012, 07:01 PM

Default Giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other

Sure, XFinity is now on your XBox 360 but the HBOGo app was supposed to be available too. And by "supposed" I mean that while Comcast is herding people to their poor poor excuse for an XBOX 360 app (servers were pounded and you could barely use it the entire first day it was available) they have denied access to the HBOGo app.

This is complete horse #($)*# and I called Comcast last night to let them know that if they do not get this fixed and get HBO GO working on Comcast I'll be canceling not only my Cable Subscription (which I only have to get HBO) but I'll cancel my internet connection as well and switch to AT&T Uverse.

I hate AT&T but at least they aren't blocking the HBO Go app.

When is the FCC going to crack down on this anti competitive BS, don't we already pay enough for this stuff? I Figured out that I pay about $1700 per year on Comcast. I love my internet connection with them but if every competitive website or service is going to be blocked or harassed (netflix) then I'm going to make sure my money doesn't go to this A hole of a company.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:42 PM

Pfft, i can't even use it at all even though i have comcast internet since it reguires you to have comcast tv as well. which i find kinda funny since i can use comcast's fan fine and that was only supposed to be for tv subscribers as well.