Comcast Loses Just 17,000 Subscribers in Fourth Quarter of 2011 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-15-2012, 05:28 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Comcast Loses Just 17,000 Subscribers in Fourth Quarter of 2011

Considering that the company lost 460,000 subscribers in the year, that number is incredibly small.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/cab...ss-17000-26428
Old 02-17-2012, 07:38 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Once again, you can't blame the cable company for trying to remain afloat. Tv service in my house from diretctv is close to $80 for two rooms. Just last week we lost Cloo and if we want it back we need to buy the next tier up for another $8. All the next tier offers is the Encore channels, and now Cloo. Getting that tier is the TOP tier before having HBO/Cinemax/etc so I already have a very high tier. The tv networks are getting greedy with their contract negotiations and so, providers sometimes have to absorb some of the cost, other times have to raise their prices to keep the same margin. People's anger are misplaced, the tv networks are what are killing the tv networks. As much as I hate streaming services, at least with them the PQ is similar, no channel logos or cutesy distractions and no commercials.

Last edited by Krawk; 02-18-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:57 AM

Default Comcast loses just 17000 subscribers

I could care less about how many customers comcast lost. I don't like comcast because they offer terrible services to all their customers. They can't offer any decent programming at all and yet everyone thinks that comcast is such a great company. Comcast is not a great company in fact comcast is the worst cable company in the world today simply because of their high fees and lack of tv programming they offer. I had comcast and got rid of their service because they stink with all of their services. They wouldn't be a bad company If they had offered better programming and cut down on their high fees and upgraded their cable services they have.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:38 PM

That's not true at all. I've had directv, and I currently have time warner. They both were shitty for different reasons. I have comcast at my home in the SF Bay area - and of all my services, I prefer that. They have free 'On Demand' tv stuff which is basically a selection of current tv shows and movies which you can watch for absolutely free. Very helpful for when you miss dvr'ing a show, and it happens to be On Demand (which happens more than you'd think).

They charge probably about the same as the other services, and they provide a bit more. DirecTV has gone to a 'used car salesman' feeling when you call them up to set up service. That really turned me off, so I hung up and went with Time Warner here in new york.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:46 AM

does diretv and time have a similar service to on-demand?