Pay TV industry loses record number of subscribers - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-10-2011, 11:21 AM

Default Pay TV industry loses record number of subscribers

http://news.yahoo.com/pay-tv-industr...090422571.html

I can't say this is surprising. I subscribe to AT&T U-verse and am very tempted to cancel the TV service, and just go with netflix streaming, Hulu, and other online sources for TV shows. I don't watch much TV and I don't watch sports at all, so it's not worth what I'm currently paying. It also ticks me off that they still charge me an extra $10 for HD... it's 2011, I can get HD with frikkin' bunny ears so why am I being charged an extra HD fee? Hell, with the savings from dropping the TV service, I could easily buy the blu-ray sets of all the TV shows I like and still have plenty of money left over.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneManShow View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/pay-tv-industr...090422571.html

I can't say this is surprising. I subscribe to AT&T U-verse and am very tempted to cancel the TV service, and just go with netflix streaming, Hulu, and other online sources for TV shows. I don't watch much TV and I don't watch sports at all, so it's not worth what I'm currently paying. It also ticks me off that they still charge me an extra $10 for HD... it's 2011, I can get HD with frikkin' bunny ears so why am I being charged an extra HD fee? Hell, with the savings from dropping the TV service, I could easily buy the blu-ray sets of all the TV shows I like and still have plenty of money left over.
That's exactly what I keep telling my wife. TV has become a cesspool of crap, why pay for it when all you want is a few good shows that rise to the top.