Comcast CEO: "No Streaming Business Model That Works For Us" - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-04-2011, 06:06 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Comcast CEO: "No Streaming Business Model That Works For Us"

Subscribers are down again for Comcast, but the company has no plans to try and expand into a different business model.

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/uni...de-cable-24673
Old 08-05-2011, 11:17 AM

Well, a company like comcast has a limited source of subscribers. you could only be a comcast sub if they are your cable carrier. And those people choosing to not go with comcast have made it clear they would take a (relatively) lower quality service so long as it is cheaper. Someone choosing that path would take alot of persuading to go with them. I don't think a netflix/hulu style service could be that persuasion.

I use them, but for internet only as the alternatives wouldn't work for me being a gamer. having both cable and internet just is not financially viable for me right now. And if not for internet i would choose at&t or a dish before going with them for tv in anycase.

Last edited by Geomancer21; 08-05-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:28 PM

Comcast CEO doesn't care about the consumers being happy which is why no one likes them and has either satellite or Verizon for TV service. THe only reason why so many people like them is because we feel sorry for them. Their cable and internet services are horribly slow and also their cable tv service they hardly give you any channels to pick from. I mean their rates are just as bad because Comcast is gauging all of us with their high rates and the FCC is letting Comcast get away with it. So the punchline here is no streaming service means no one will stay with them much longer at least the ones that don't care about having a streaming service or has Netflix or some other streaming service.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

With semi-annual rate increases and a very high cost:channel ratio, it's no wonder cable companies lose customers, which in turn will increase the cost:subscriber to the cable company itself.
Anyone know if they have VOD like Cox does?
Old 08-06-2011, 02:53 PM

They do have VOD. Its hit or miss though.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:59 PM

I know, they could try to gain more high speed users and ditch the data cap. All they need to do is lower the rate for non cable customers...like myself I use them only for the 20mb net and i must say i like the speed it offers over slow DSL.