Is Terra Nova going to be any good? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-23-2011, 04:12 PM

Default Is Terra Nova going to be any good?

http://tv.ign.com/articles/118/1183833p1.html

Quote:
FOX screened the first half of the two-hour pilot for its Steven Spielberg-produced time travel dinosaur sci-fi series Terra Nova this morning in Comic-Con's Ballroom 20. So what did we here at IGN think?

Well it's pretty good, but it could be better. In fact, there were a handful of new scenes added since the last time IGN saw this "half" and they really added a lot to the show. There are definitely some really interesting scenes here and the concept itself a futuristic world where pollution and overpopulation have doomed humanity, which then resorts to using a wormhole, and a lottery-system, to take people back 85 million years to try and create a new society is fascinating. There are a still a couple plot holes here and that might wind up frustrating some of the more hardcore sci-fi fans who check this series out. Of course, there's always room to answer the dangling questions as the series progresses, but to have them not be addressed right at the beginning is a little glaring.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:10 AM

Yeah, my mom saw the pilot. Said it'll be good fun in the same sense Avatar was.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:05 PM

Is it just me, or was anyone else really disappointed with this show? Seriously, the acting is terrible in places, there's plot holes galore, the action was boring, and the characters are mostly uninteresting except for Stephen Lang. It's not going to last, and it's leaving my DVR.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:40 PM

I enjoyed it for the most part. It's not Shakespeare or anything but good popcorn fun. Little too much with the teens for the pilot. Should have focused a bit more on the glyphs and the 6's etc. I will enjoy it while it lasts. I am sure Fox will cancel it quickly as they do all their Sci-Fi stuff.

Will never forgive them for Firefly.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:19 PM

Reminded me of that horrible sci fi show that was on TNT earlier this year. My god that was boring.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:13 PM

Very mediocre show. It has potential though, as many shows are terrible in their first season. I hope it improves over time and that Fox gives it a chance to do so.

However, in the era of quarterly profits trumping all other considerations, I fear it will be cancelled.
Old 09-29-2011, 11:54 PM
Former Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx_75 View Post
Will never forgive them for Firefly.
Neither will I. I mean, why they ran such a shitty show for even a full season is beyond me.
Old 09-30-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
Neither will I. I mean, why they ran such a shitty show for even a full season is beyond me.
First of all, it did not run a full season.

Secondly, I fart in your general direction.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by project-blu View Post
There is a special level of hell reserved for Fox Exec's and people who joke about Firefly !
Old 10-01-2011, 02:26 PM

I watched about 45 minutes of the series premiere before turning it off. With the horrible special effects and the bad acting I don't expect this show to last very long. But, then again its Fox we are talking about, so who knows?