Time Warner Provide Immediate On Demand for New Shows - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-08-2010, 01:51 PM
HDD Contributor

Default Time Warner Provide Immediate On Demand for New Shows

Don't have a DVR? Don't worry. Time Warner's new service lets you access your shows on demand for up to three days immediately after they air.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/08/t...to-the-masses/
Old 11-09-2010, 12:42 PM

I was watching Headline News this morning and they were reporting a story that Time Warner and various movie studios were in talks to offer movies on demand while they are still running in theaters. Downer is they could cost anywhere between $30 and $50 dollars per movie. They reported that this could start as soon as Spring 2011. This bit of news seems to be related to what I heard this morning.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taygan315 View Post
I was watching Headline News this morning and they were reporting a story that Time Warner and various movie studios were in talks to offer movies on demand while they are still running in theaters. Downer is they could cost anywhere between $30 and $50 dollars per movie. They reported that this could start as soon as Spring 2011. This bit of news seems to be related to what I heard this morning.
Wow, why would anyone want to pay that price? Or is that the direct price from the studios who would charge Time Warner?
Old 11-10-2010, 12:54 PM
HDD Contributor

The thing about that pricing, I think, is that companies are comparing it to a night at the theater. Depending on where you go, it would actually be cheaper to sit at home and watch a new movie with your friends than going to the theater.

I'm not saying it's a valid price, mind you, but that's the thinking behind the pricing.

Then again, if you've got a badass home theater system, it might be worth it not to deal with the drive, the crowds, the crappy food and the idiot talking behind you
Old 11-11-2010, 10:41 PM
Mod, Staff, Movie Buff

Time Warner's catching up to Cox :\
Now for 20Mbps internet service.