John from Cincinnati - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-26-2007, 05:13 AM

Default John from Cincinnati

Anybody watched this show on HBO HD? I think it's pretty good. It has a wierd, funny kinda vibe. It also has a lot of characters from Deadwood in it.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:17 AM

I was wondering if anyone else was watching this. Weird is a bit mild of a term. I recorded episode 3 to watch today.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:49 PM

I know you've watched the new Blade series on HDNET. There's only been 2 episodes though and I've only watched the first one. So I'm not sure what I think of it yet. It definitely has some work to do to win me over. On John from Cincinnati, as soon as the guy started floating when he was pouring water over himself, I was hooked. Cool show.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:57 PM

But what in the world in with John? The public restroom scene in episode 2 was a hoot. David Milch sure does like the F word, like he did for Deadwood. So far he has brought over 3 Deadwood stars.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:30 PM

I just watch episode 3 and laughed my ass off. Now, I am hooked.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:12 AM

I watched Sunday's episode last night, and all I can say is "WTF"!! This show keeps getting weirder and weirder. I have no idea what is going on right now. It was still funny, but I'm so lost it doesn't even matter. The people who made this show have to be the same people who made Deadwood. I saw another character from Deadwood on the show last night and everybody talks the same way they did on Deadwood. I'm going to see where this adventure goes and how far down the hole I end up.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardpetree View Post
I watched Sunday's episode last night, and all I can say is "WTF"!! This show keeps getting weirder and weirder. I have no idea what is going on right now. It was still funny, but I'm so lost it doesn't even matter. The people who made this show have to be the same people who made Deadwood. I saw another character from Deadwood on the show last night and everybody talks the same way they did on Deadwood. I'm going to see where this adventure goes and how far down the hole I end up.
I totally agree. I am about to give it up. Yeah, Trixie from Deadwood was in it. This show started out promising, but it's going nowhere.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:28 PM

If anybody is still watching ...

What do you all think is going on? We know John is a freaking parrot but what about the young boy, Shawn? It almost seems like he's god or hell his Dad could be and John is a deciple. I'm not trying to get religious but it's weird.

WTF?
Old 07-22-2007, 06:56 PM

Tonight is make or break with me. Like my above post, it started out well.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT JJR View Post
If anybody is still watching ...

What do you all think is going on? We know John is a freaking parrot but what about the young boy, Shawn? It almost seems like he's god or hell his Dad could be and John is a deciple. I'm not trying to get religious but it's weird.

WTF?
Ah! An HBO series. The comments caught my attention but I had to IMDB "John from Cincinnati" to find out what you were talking about. I didn't subscribe to any pay movie channels when I switched to Dish Network last year. Having Netflix, HD DVD & now Blu-ray, I've already seen about every movie I like before it comes to HBO. And I haven't liked any of their Original Series since Six Feet Under. But reading through IMDB User comments ("Like a train wreck you can't look away from"), this one sounds interesting.