WWE Preps Switch to HD - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-26-2007, 02:05 PM

Divas in HD yay
Old 05-27-2007, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear89103 View Post
I may be in the minority here, but...
I used to be a HUGE WWF fan. Yes, I said WWF, not WWE. this was before the whole wildlife federation fiasco thing.

Anyway... I used to love the characters... Hulk, Randy Macho Man Savage, Jake the Snake, The Sheik, Andre the Giant, the Ultimate Warrior, Hawk and Animal, etc.

But in the past decade I just can't seem to get into it. My comment is that, I know a lot of people like me who have just kind of "grown" out of it. Please note that's NOT a disparaging remark to those who still watch it and enjoy the enteratinment of it. However, I just don't see the popularity of it as I did before.
To me, wrestling is a lot like comic books. It's an interest that some people grow out of, and some it sticks with for years down the line. Also like comic books, there are just periods of the product sucking. Really really hard. During those times, all you can do is say "I won't be getting this, this looks dumb" and wait till it gets better. I had fairly recently gotten BACK into wrestling, just prior to WM 22. I enjoyed things like the relaunch of ECW, the reformation of DX, and various other storylines. However, shortly after an excellent wrestlemania, a large chunk of the biggest wrestlers are out with injuries, the title scene is downright desperate, and ECW is just absolutely sucking. I've completely tuned out, but will give it another chance later in the year when many of the guys who are out injured come back for another run. In the meantime, I devote my time to other things.

That's all you really need to do. Pop in every now and then, see if anything grabs you. If it doesn't, no big deal. Out of most long-running tv shows, wrestling is rare in that it has multiple chances to bring people in, even if they dislike what they saw the first time. It's not like a sitcom or a drama, where people tune in to see the hype, make a judgement, and never go back.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPBuff22 View Post
I would think they would go HD DVD because they know a good portion of their fan base can not afford to pay the prices being asked for Blu-ray players. Also they would have the XBox 360 tie in and could have some media center releases. And since TNA Wrestling has already sides with Microsoft with the release of TNA iMPACT! on XBL I could see WWE wanting to take from that fan base.
im with him but even more grim, I think the sterotype wrestling fans arent the "richest" of types and arent into HD, let alone let me get a HD DVD or Blu-ray for that fact