'Sanctuary' on SciFi - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 PM

The webisodes had more actors from the Stargate UNiverse(Although still it seem like most of the actors on Sanctuary have had played parts on the two Stargate series) . I noticed at least one scene was refilmed with a different actor. At least from what I remember. It's been a while since I watched the episodes ordered off the web
Old 10-11-2008, 07:37 PM

Last nights episode was good, but not as good as the first episode.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:27 AM

Has anyone noticed that another show kinda similar paranormal/sciency stuff has slipped out too... Eleventh Hour... the fight to recreate Mulder and Scully has begun!!!! :lol:

I liked the last ep, although I did think they were vampys to begin with... but witches were just as good!!
Old 10-12-2008, 09:28 PM

Again they changed a few things from what were in the webisodes. The first two episodes covered most of what were in the webisodes which were a solid two hours of content over I think it was 8 web episodes.
I'll have to watch them again on my TiVo. I had dowwnloaded the 720P versions and transfered the 720P shows to my TiVo so I could watch it on a larger screen than my computer monitor.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:04 AM

webisodes

Im not sure what your talking about care to elaborate? Also can you still view them online?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggumsmax View Post
I actually liked it. I was surprised at how realistic it looked being shot entirely in front of a green screen. I didn't think it would look so good on a TV budget but I was surprised. I liked the first episode even though it was very slowly paced although I find most Sci-Fi shows tend to start that way trying to develop the characters. It could go either way IMO.

It still can look better for the amount of money spent.

Green screen movie:

Google:

Prey Alone

Watch this movie and then get back to post what you think as I think Sanctuary can look better if they hire guys who did movies like Prey Alone.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac_fan View Post
webisodes

Im not sure what your talking about care to elaborate? Also can you still view them online?
This show was originally premiered as a series of webisodes distributed over the Internet in MAy 2007. Each webisode was 10 to 15 minutes in length and covered around 2 hours of content(Minus commercials the first two episods on TV cover around 2 hours of content)
The websiodes were available to purchase in SD and HD(720P)
But I don't see where they are available to purchase in the US anymore. They are still if you are located in Canada and possibly other countries, plus I think the first four are available on youtube.
The webisodes covered the same content as the first two episodes on SciFi, but content, actors, and storyline was changed in many places on what was shown on SciFI to give the series more continuity.
Plus it looks like the graphics were redone as well since the webisodes were originally made in 2007. ut since everything was done on green screen I assume it made changing some of the content easy.ALthough some scenes were redone with different actors.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:05 PM

I enjoyed last Friday's episode but I hope they bring more overarching storylines to the show instead of it being a freak of the week episode every time. I have a feeling The Cabal was in the second episode for this very reason and we will be seeing more of them down the line.