High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   HDTV Programming and Info (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/hdtv-programming-info-24/)
-   -   PINKS Season 5 (yyyeeaaahhh baby!) (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/hdtv-programming-info/44098-pinks-season-5-yyyeeaaahhh-baby.html)

Sunny 02-18-2008 10:54 PM

PINKS Season 5 (yyyeeaaahhh baby!)

What's arguably the best reality show on television right now is about to start its new season.

Wednesday, 9pm, Speed channel.

Do NOT miss this.

Also, they're FINALLY showing Pinks in 720p on VOD.

For those of you who have never seen/heard of the show. It's a 1 on 1 quarter-mile drag race between two people using their souped up muscle cars. In between races, each team negotiates the conditions of the next race (lengths, nitrous, etc.) to even out the score. The winner wins the best 3 of 5 races. It's a battle of wits and glory. The reason why the show is called Pinks? You lose the race, you lose your ride.

The show is a roller coaster ride of drama and action. I've seen every episode about 5 times. New episodes are only a day away!

halcro 1 02-19-2008 10:27 PM

Love the show purge a beer a watch warner doesnt have 720P VOD bummer i do know speed is in HD not on warner.. wonder is pinks will be in HD

Sunny 02-19-2008 10:41 PM

I saw the first two episodes on VOD. The first was Rick Linehan's '80 Thunderbird vs. Quentin Scott's '89 Mustang. The first Ford vs. Ford episode ever. The second was Kelly Shotwell's '87 Mustang vs Mitch Brockman's '75 Camaro. The latter was pretty sweet since the Camaro was a big block on nitrous and Mustang was a turbocharged small block.
For both episodes, Rich wanted more racing. Instead of 3 out of 5, the winner is the first one to win 4 races. I wouldn't say it's better, but it is nice for a change.

liquifire 02-19-2008 11:31 PM

Rich Christensen is a faggabeefy. Highlight of last season is when he crashed on a crotch rocket. If not for hime the show would be great.

halcro 1 02-20-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquifire (Post 780262)
Rich Christensen is a faggabeefy. Highlight of last season is when he crashed on a crotch rocket. If not for hime the show would be great.

Rich brings the show down for shure his lack of street racing/drag racing really shows i have a camaro i drag race 8 sec camaroBTW

Sunny 02-20-2008 08:05 PM

How does he bring the show down? He RUNS the show. The point of Pinks is to leave as much as possible up to the racers. Rich may not know much about the technical aspects of racing, but he put together one hell of a show.

halcro 1 02-20-2008 08:09 PM

Anybody how calls nitrous naws has issues, thats what Rich calls it .. I like pinks all out the best

Sunny 02-20-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by halcro 1 (Post 784317)
Anybody how calls nitrous naws has issues

I've seen every episode multiple times and nobody has ever said that. I've only heard it being called "bottle", "spray", "gas", and one time it was called "juice".

halcro 1 02-20-2008 08:48 PM

I saw him at my home track (union grove) they did a show name that test and tune .. I help a guy who was on the show

liquifire 02-27-2008 04:22 PM

Hey halcro 1. I go to da Grove all the time. I'm just over the IL border and actually grew up in Union Grove. I spend most of my Sunday's, in the summer, there. Though I haven't raced there in a long time, I have a 87 turbo Buick Regal.

Rich Christensen sux big time imo.