Directv HD DVRs - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-15-2007, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardpetree View Post
Thanks, right now I'm using an optical cable for audio because my older Onkyo A/V receiver doesn't have HDMI. So I'm already getting DD with that. I've ordered a new Onkyo and I was just making sure that I could still get audio via HDMI with that particular SAT box. One more ?, I've heard from home theater installers that they have had problems getting video to play properly thru receivers via HDMI using cable boxes. Has anyone had any problems with this particular SAT box running video via HDMI thru a receiver?
Going on my 2nd year with the HR10-250, no problems here with video. I got it hooked into a 3-1 HDMI switch, which goes to my 604, which then goes to TV. Again, no video dropouts. Maybe the guy wanted to sell you an expensive cable box???
Old 06-18-2007, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajohn29 View Post
Going on my 2nd year with the HR10-250, no problems here with video. I got it hooked into a 3-1 HDMI switch, which goes to my 604, which then goes to TV. Again, no video dropouts.
Thanks man, that's what I was wanting to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajohn29 View Post
Maybe the guy wanted to sell you an expensive cable box???
Nah, he's my best friend. He was just trying to warn me cause he new I was getting a new A/V receiver. By the way, have you ordered your 805 yet? I've ordered mine thru my buddies company and it's killing me to have to wait on it.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:18 AM

JR just got in stock and got mine in today, it's freaking AWESOME!!! 130 watts in definitely an improvement over the 604. Dialog problems also seem to be fixed.(EX: crank up volume to hear dialog, then there is explosion, waking up entire building) It now seems more balanced. Don't forget PLIIx on PCM 5.1, 7.1 HD audio is just freaking awesome. It's like having a movie theater in my house.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:39 AM

Yea, mine came in Tuesday. It's pretty badass.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:59 PM

I just got the new HD DVR HR20 hooked up on Monday along with the 5lnb dish. So far it's working great now we just need all these new channels to go live.

I had prior the HD Tivo on my main system which I moved to the bedroom system. At some point I am sure I'll get another HR20 but that's besides the point. With only a couple days of HR20 use I am just as impressed with it as I am the HD Tivo so I am happy as can be. It seems that DirecTV is working hard to make their HD DVR even better from reading this forum http://www.satelliteguys.us/living-edge/. Also to my surprise was DirecTV announced new features coming to the Tivo line, the sucky part is there is no way to make them do Mpeg 4.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
I just got the new HD DVR HR20 hooked up on Monday along with the 5lnb dish. So far it's working great now we just need all these new channels to go live.

I had prior the HD Tivo on my main system which I moved to the bedroom system. At some point I am sure I'll get another HR20 but that's besides the point. With only a couple days of HR20 use I am just as impressed with it as I am the HD Tivo so I am happy as can be. It seems that DirecTV is working hard to make their HD DVR even better from reading this forum http://www.satelliteguys.us/living-edge/. Also to my surprise was DirecTV announced new features coming to the Tivo line, the sucky part is there is no way to make them do Mpeg 4.
Are you sure you don't live in some secret room in my house. Because I just did the exact same thing you did. New dish, HR20, moved HDtivo into bedroom. LOL! But I'm with you man, I can't wait for these new HD channels. I'm really looking forward to History HD (Dogfights in HD is going to be awesome).
You heard anything about what DTV is going to charge for all these extra HD channels?
Old 08-16-2007, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardpetree View Post
Are you sure you don't live in some secret room in my house. Because I just did the exact same thing you did. New dish, HR20, moved HDtivo into bedroom. LOL! But I'm with you man, I can't wait for these new HD channels. I'm really looking forward to History HD (Dogfights in HD is going to be awesome).
You heard anything about what DTV is going to charge for all these extra HD channels?
Dogfights in HD huh, you sure you're not from Atlanta, LOL.

When I was talking with the customer retention rep at DirecTV they told me there was not going to be a price increase for the HD pack. I was surprised to hear it but I am guessing the price will stay where it is at least until early 2008. I can see a lot of people maybe upgrading to the best DirecTV package (the $99 one with all the channels) once all these HD channels go up, since there is a lot of premium movie channels being added in HD.

Do you happen to have lifetime DVR service on your Tivo? I'm hoping the free DVR service will carry over too the new HR20 box. The rep I talked to was unsure, but my bill reads: DIRECTV DVR Service Fee Lifetime $0.00. To me that does not say anything about a difference between Tivo or the new DVRs.
Old 08-16-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Dogfights in HD huh, you sure you're not from Atlanta, LOL.
Since you said LOL, I'm assuming that you know that Dogfights is about fighter planes and not actual dogs fighting.

Quote:
Do you happen to have lifetime DVR service on your Tivo? I'm hoping the free DVR service will carry over too the new HR20 box. The rep I talked to was unsure, but my bill reads: DIRECTV DVR Service Fee Lifetime $0.00. To me that does not say anything about a difference between Tivo or the new DVRs.
No, I don't know about this. I've always pay'd $5 a month for the tivo service. Maybe you could tell me a little more about it and how I can go about getting the lifetime service. Also, when I got my first bill for the HR20 box, DTV charged me a $2.33 leasing fee. You know anything about this?
Old 08-16-2007, 09:47 AM

DirecTV has stated that there will be no price increase this year for the additional HD channels, which is their way of saying in 2008 you'll have to pay out the ass for them... I'm still bitter about having to pay $40 a season for 2 HD baseball channels, which for the last 2 years were included in the package...
Old 08-16-2007, 10:53 AM

i'm going to direct tv as soon as chiller is available