Wall-E review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-14-2008, 03:26 PM

Default Wall-E review

HDMS Review - WALL.E

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Movie Title:- WALL.E -

http://www.hdmoviesource.com/catalog...3dfacb4888c0b5

Technical Specs:- Plays in REGION A Players Only.///Technical Specs Blu-ray Video Resolution/Codec 1080p/AVC MPEG-4 Aspect Ratio(s) 2.39:1 Audio Formats English DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 6.1 Surround (48kHz/24-bit) Subtitles/Captions English SDH English Subtitles (Supplements Only) French Subtitles (Supplements Only) Spanish Subtitles (Supplements Only) Supplements Audio Commentary Featurettes Deleted Scenes Digital Copy Exclusive HD Content Picture-in-Picture Interactive Games BD-Live

Movie:- 4 Out Of 5 - TBAAfter hundreds of lonely years of doing what he was built for, Wall-E (short for Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-Class) discovers a new purpose in life (besides collecting knick- knacks) when he meets a sleek search robot named Eve. Eve comes to realize that Wall-E has inadvertently stumbled upon the key to the planet's future, and races back to space to report her findings to the humans (who have been eagerly awaiting word that it is safe to return home). Meanwhile, Wall-E chases Eve across the galaxy.

Video:- 4.5 Out Of 5 - The picture is certainly excellent, but I'm honestly still not fully convinced on the video quality from Disney's animation Blu-Ray's. There are minor artifacts, there not obvious big blocks like you'd get on Standard DVD, but they are they. Like I always say, apart from this the disc is perfect with great color and contrast even in the dust storms and industrial earth. Incredible black level detail and zero edge enhancement, I do still see small artifacting though and thats why this disc gets a 4 and a half.

Audio:- 5 Out Of 5 - REFERENCE - In a word, shocking, the audio quality is probably the best I've ever heard. The bass is very dynamic and very deep, the bass aloan is just incredible. The music through out this disc is also superb, and intelligent subtle use of the surround speakers. This is pure class from Disney in every way, shape or form. Incredible.

Summary:- 4 Out Of 5 - Wall.e is certainly a different approach to an animated movie, I thought it was great that emotions and feelings could all be shown with actions and not words. Pixar have done a job with very little dialogue and allowing the animators do the talking for them. I definately want to watch this movie again, and it isn't the standard Disney animation, some people may be put off by the lack of dialogue. It's still very recommend for the family.

Reviewed by Carl Mulder.