Incredible Hulk Review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-17-2008, 03:53 PM

Default Incredible Hulk Review

HDMS Review - The Incredible Hulk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Movie Title:- The Incredible Hulk -

http://www.hdmoviesource.com/catalog...66936ee1546686

Technical Specs:- Plays in REGION A.B.C Players.///Video Video codec: VC-1 Video resolution: 1080p Aspect ratio: 2.35:1 Audio English: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 English: Dolby Digital 2.0 French: DTS 5.1 Spanish: DTS 5.1 Subtitles English SDH, French and Spanish Discs 50GB Blu-ray Disc Two-disc set Digital copy | 2008 | 113 mins | Rated PG-13 |

Movie:- 4.5 Out Of 5 - The Incredible Hulk kicks off an all-new, explosive and action-packed epic of one of the most popular Super Heroes of all time. In this new beginning, scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) desperately hunts for a cure to the gamma radiation that poisoned his cells and unleashes the unbridled force of rage within him: The Hulk. Living in the shadows cut off from a life he knew and the woman he loves, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler) Banner struggles to avoid the obsessive pursuit of his nemesis, General Thunderbolt Ross (William Hurt), and the military machinery that seeks to capture him and brutally exploit his power. As all three grapple with the secrets that led to The Hulk's creation, they are confronted with a monstrous new adversary known as The Abomination (Tim Roth), whose destructive strength exceeds even The Hulk's own. Cast: Edward Norton, Liv Tyler, Tim Roth, Tim Blake Nelson, William Hurt Director: Louis Leterrier

Video:- 5 Out Of 5 - REFERENCE QUALITY - This is the best Universal disc out there plain and simple. I'm the 1st to pick up on artifacts, artifacts from noise, from film grain, but The Incredible Hulk is flawless. The quality of film grain is incredible, and never ever breaking up into artifacts - amazing. The contrast is very very strong, and most movie's that have high contrast shots have jet blacks, meaning the high contrast washes away all the black level detail. This movie has both high contrast and some of the best black level detail I've seen from any Blu-Ray. The color's are also very bold and extremely colorful, you can tell that Universal are using some of the best camera's around, and transfered to Blu-Ray with zero loss. I had to check the video codec and it is indeed VC1, Universal haven't made the move like other studio's to use mpeg 4, much like WB. From looking at this title it looks as though Universal are the new kings of video performance on the Blu-Ray. This disc is perfect in every way, VC1 is here to stay, and I believe that this is the new REFERENCE title, and every Blu-Ray will always be compared to this. TRUELY AMAZING!

Audio:- 5 Out Of 5 - REFERENCE AUDIO - The audio is DTS MASTER AUDIO and is without doubt the best audio I've ever heard on any movie. The dynamic range is huge from this movie, and some of you may have some angry nieghbors after demo-ing many scene's from this movie. The bass is huge and your definately going to need something big to power this movie to get it sounding it's best. Surround sound material has a perfect balance of effects when needed, and when it's needed it delivers. Vocal dialogue is also very smooth and very clear, and I cannot flaw the audio in any way. This is the best sounding disc available on Blu-Ray bar none. Unbelievable!!!

Summary:- 5 Out Of 5 - THIS IS WHAT BLU-RAY IS ALL ABOUT!!! An action movie that truely takes advantage of the technical, high end aspects of home theater. Anyone that enjoys high end video and audio performance; then this is the disc for you. Everyone with a Blu-Ray Player must own The Incredible Hulk, a demo disc in the truist sense of the word. The movie is obvious and predictable, but aren't all action movie's, I really enjoyed this movie, and the actions scene's will take your breath away.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

Reviewed by Carl Mulder.
Old 10-18-2008, 02:45 PM

Great news....I haven't seen the movie yet so I can't wait for this to arrive in the mail.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:46 AM
formerly Blu Christmas

I keep hearing rave reviews about the audio on this disc - I'm so excited!!!!

Btw, my kid and I saw this in the theaters and thought it was a great Hulk movie. I'm so glad the PQ/AQ are getting such high marks on every site I've seen.

Looking forward to putting this in and cranking it up!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:09 PM

Finally a review... and it sounds great.

I've been waiting for reviews because I missed this in the theaters but now it seems like a safe blind-buy. Thanks for the info.