HD DVD Official stance - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-19-2008, 11:24 AM

Default HD DVD Official stance

HD MOVIE SOURCE - Official Info On HD DVD & How It Will Effect How You Buy From HDMS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, Im sure HD DVD fans out there knew it was only a matter of time before the format died and here's some info released from Toshiba on yahoo news - http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080219/.../japan_toshiba

HOW DOES THIS EFFECT HD MOVIE SOURCE & PURCHASES?

We have supported HD DVD from the start, but the time has come to let it go and let it go we must. This doesn't mean that we will no longer sell HD DVD software; on the contrary; we will continue to sell HD DVD software, but in limited quantities.

WHAT DOES LIMITED QUANTITIES MEAN?

The HD MOVIE SOURCE business model must also change to suit whats happening in the industry. This means that HD MOVIE SOURCE will not be restocking HD DVD's, and we will let ours stocks run down to zero available. When an item has zero in stock it now becomes noted as a special order, special orders are orders that we have zero items in stock but you are still free to buy them. We will then order and recieve the title in 2/3 days and will then ship it out to you the customer. This will add probably just a few days onto your delivery, but if there is still a demand for HD DVD movie's then we are more than happy to get the selected software to you as fast as possible.

AVAILABILITY OF HD DVD SOFTWARE FROM SUPPLIERS

Again, if we can get it from the suppliers and a customers wants a title then we will do everything in a power to get that movie. Certain movie's will no doubt become harder to get as global supplies run down. We at HD MOVIE SOURCE will also work out which titles we can and can't get, and if a title is impossible for us to get then will no longer list the item on our website.
In the event that a title is sold on our site that we cannot get for you the customer then you will recieve a full refund of your money or in exchange for another title that we can get for you, and the movie title in question will then be fully removed from the site.

BLU RAY - A NEW ADVENTURE AHEAD

Blu Ray will now certainly dominate the market and even our website, we've wanted one format right from the start, it makes our job alot easier, haha... Now only stocking one version of a Warner Bros. movie. It's an exciting time in the industry right now; for HIGH DEFINITION and fans of movies all around the world, and HD MOVIE SOURCE is ready. We will be giving Blu Ray our 100% support; and will be stocking all Blu Ray movies and music as we do now. One format should be seen as a great thing, it will standardize the market which makes more sense for the customers out there. It's unfair that we've all had to buy HD DVD and Blu Ray players to enjoy movies, but we're enthusiasts thats what we do. Sony have also made great strides in improving the MPEG 4 codec also, this basically controls the quality of the movie transfers on Blu Ray, and I don't think that anyone can argue that Blu Ray has had some of the most impressive looking titles released in the past 6 months. This is all great news for movie fans and audio/video fans out there.

THE FUTURE IS BLU & HD MOVIE MOVIE SOURCE IS HERE FOR THE RIDE & WE CAN'T WAIT.

It's our goal to provide unrivalled service and customer support, and this will continue for the years to come, we appreciate all your support and thank you.

LET THE MOVIES BEGIN!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:04 PM

Glen, thank you for your support. Yes, we need to move on, I agree. But thank you.

I know you mentioned that you will not stock any more new titles, but will you still be ordering imports, or will those be special order as well?
Old 02-19-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
Glen, thank you for your support. Yes, we need to move on, I agree. But thank you.

I know you mentioned that you will not stock any more new titles, but will you still be ordering imports, or will those be special order as well?
Imports will be special order. Pre-orders will carry on as usual.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:56 PM

I pre-ordered jesse james and into the wild from you guys are those still good to go?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:21 AM

Not many HD-DVDs left I was planning on purchasing. Right now I'll probably just wait for the Blu-Ray version to be released. Like American Gangster, Beowulf, and Sweeney Todd.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdachad View Post
I pre-ordered jesse james and into the wild from you guys are those still good to go?
Pre-orders will be shipped as usual.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenmulder View Post
Pre-orders will be shipped as usual.
Rock solid. when do your shipments usually come in, and hows the shipping time to the great white north?