PS3 FW 3.10 still no PSN Store movies, WTH? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-24-2009, 07:38 PM

Default PS3 FW 3.10 still no PSN Store movies, WTH?

Is there anyone else that has downloaded FW 3.10 and has yet to get the little "videos" clickable in the PSN store? I have racked my brain trying to figure why I dont have the service yet. I have a system purchased in the US. I live in Germany and I have an account with US/UK/JP/GE/AU. I have access to other European services like Vidzone but only on select accounts like my UK account. I have called US customer service to see if they can help but they seem to think that it still hasnt been released in EU yet...WHAT? The UK CS says that if I take my system out of the UK (was never in the UK), it will no longer give me access to European stuff, again...WHAT? Do these folks communicate with each other at all? Why dont they know whats going on? WHY DONT I HAVE MOVIES?!
Old 11-25-2009, 12:22 PM

I remember when I was stationed in Guam I didnt have the movie section on PSN. When I moved back to the states the option appeared.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:25 PM

Yeah it just seems a bit weird. My PS3 recognises me in Europe for other European only stuff, (Vidzone) but not PSN Store movies. So not only cant I have it on my default US account, but now that its in EU, I cant even have it on any of those ones others. This wont do. I will have to figure out whats wrong.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:33 PM

Same for me.

But it's pretty logical.

When you log in to your US account, the system will only look for US based video content.

If you want to watch movies from the storefront or Vidzone, you'll have to log in to your German account. UK movies won't work either, I'm afraid.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:32 PM

But what about when I log into any of my EU accounts? Why doesnt it look for my European content?
Old 12-10-2009, 09:41 AM

If I were to guess, it's probably because you have a US PS3 and even though you have a GER account you won't see the Video Store (If there is one) because your PS3 system doesn't check out. Welcome to the world of region locking. Other services, like VidZone may work because they don't have the same region checks as the Video Store. It all depends on what rights Sony was able to get with all the movie and tv studios in your region. So if you want access to everything you region is suppose to have online, then you'll probably need a GER PS3.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustoMan View Post
If I were to guess, it's probably because you have a US PS3 and even though you have a GER account you won't see the Video Store (If there is one) because your PS3 system doesn't check out. Welcome to the world of region locking. Other services, like VidZone may work because they don't have the same region checks as the Video Store. It all depends on what rights Sony was able to get with all the movie and tv studios in your region. So if you want access to everything you region is suppose to have online, then you'll probably need a GER PS3.
VidZone is exactly the same, for that matter.

Region locking just sucks. I see all those happy Simpsons HD episodes on the storefront but can't download a single one of them because my PS3 is locked to the German storefront.